i can not seem to apply for anything

hey am a 22 year old guy working full time and havnt stopped working since 15. i do not have credit card or loans etc. but times have become hard and i needed money for my car and i applied for a loan and got rejected. i have since applied for other forms of money and everyone says no, banks, credit card companies, provident even said no. capital one even said no. banks wont even open up a normal bank card for me. i had fraud in my name last year and since then i can not get anything what so ever. any help or answers as to why.

Comments

• CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    hey am a 22 year old guy working full time and havnt stopped working since 15. i do not have credit card or loans etc. but times have become hard and i needed money for my car and i applied for a loan and got rejected. i have since applied for other forms of money and everyone says no, banks, credit card companies, provident even said no. capital one even said no. banks wont even open up a normal bank card for me. i had fraud in my name last year and since then i can not get anything what so ever. any help or answers as to why.

Hi Dan - it's not clear whether you reported the fraud or not, and had a crime report number that was then used to clear the matter up with any companies involved. It may be worth contacting the Action Fraud line for their advice on this - 0800 123 2040.

You may also want to read through this information on our Adviceguide website, about how creditors decide whether to lend money or not. As this information points out, it might be worth getting a copy of your credit reference file, to see what its details are.

If you need further advice and support on this, we'd recommend contacting your local bureau.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • You need to get a copy of you credit file from the three credit reference agencies - Equifax, Experian and Callcredit:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/credit.aspx
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Do this through cashback sites such as Quidco or TCB, and you will get cashback for applying :)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure