Anyone have recommendations for an employment lawyer

Options
2»

Comments

• Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
  • lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They said the law says I have to get legal advice, but they did not offer to cover that cost.
    Are you saying that you have read through the SA and there is no clause containing details of payment for legal advice? Or did you ask and were refused? If you haven't asked, then I would strongly recommend you do so.

The minimum for a straightforward SA is £250 +VAT. Paperwork is checked and clauses may be added and paperwork signed. However, if you are looking for a solicitor who will go through the merits of your case and negotiate you a better deal then the costs start mounting. A better deal could be swallowed up by solicitor fees.
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • NotVeryTechie
    Options
    Hi there again all, I finally got confirmation from the employer that they would cover part of the legal fee. I spoke to a lawyer and got a quote (pretty high! - I am in London) and they had no facility for a quick chat to see if they would be suitable.

I stupidly didn't join a union way back and now it is too late.

I was hoping to get a personal recommendation and also to be able to at least see if an attorney would be compatible before committing to potentially a lot of money.

I am sure my boss believes he has a strong case otherwise he wouldn't have taken this step. Equally, I believe I have a strong case. It would just be good to at least have a sanity check before going further.

Anyway, any personal recommendations? Or any recommendations that include more or less knowing what it might cost?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi there again all, I finally got confirmation from the employer that they would cover part of the legal fee. I spoke to a lawyer and got a quote (pretty high! - I am in London) and they had no facility for a quick chat to see if they would be suitable.

I stupidly didn't join a union way back and now it is too late.

I was hoping to get a personal recommendation and also to be able to at least see if an attorney would be compatible before committing to potentially a lot of money.

I am sure my boss believes he has a strong case otherwise he wouldn't have taken this step. Equally, I believe I have a strong case. It would just be good to at least have a sanity check before going further.

Anyway, any personal recommendations? Or any recommendations that include more or less knowing what it might cost?

Reply #12 has an option.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Reply #12 has an option.

...and a very good one. Gunnercooke is a 'new model' of law firm without the massive overheads associated with city firms who have large offices which are rarely of any use to clients.

Have you contacted her? If not, give a call and ask for a quote.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure