DRO- Name still on Register

Options
I was granted a DRO on 5th December 2017 so it's now been a year I checked the Register today and my name is still on there.
I did a bit of online research and discovered I have to wait another three months for my name to be removed from Register- is this correct? If so am I still restricted for another three months or am I free right now? Thanks

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    john5000 wrote: »
    I was granted a DRO on 5th December 2017 so it's now been a year I checked the Register today and my name is still on there.
    I did a bit of online research and discovered I have to wait another three months for my name to be removed from Register- is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/IIRFAQ.asp#13
    john5000 wrote: »
    If so am I still restricted for another three months or am I free right now? Thanks

Free. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

Yes you are free from the restrictions of your DRO, but you will remain on the IR for another 3 months, after which the entry will be removed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • john5000
    Options
    Thanks, fantastic, appreciate your replys- onwards and upwards
  • john5000
    Options
    PS- Just to say to anyone in debt and not knowing what to do like i was, go and get advice from great sites like this or the CAB, also for years i tried to pay back my debts to credits cards because im an honest person but who is more honest- me or companys who charge an average of 43% (when charges are taken into consideration) Go and get advice believe me the last 15 years have been a nightmare but the last year has been relaxing
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It's worth printing a copy of the register now as it's evidence your DRO completed, and will disappear in March.

The DRO Unit will generate a letter if asked but if anyone wants proof that the DRO completed they may accept your print-out.
  • john5000
    Options
    Thanks just done that, your right its always better to have a hard copy when dealing with these Companys Believe me!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure