Has anyone had experience of Mortgage Simplicity borker?

Options
Hi,

I am just about to start the process of applying for a mortgage but have quite unusual circumstances so will be using a broker and was wondering if anyone had experience of using Mortgage Simplicity.

I previously had a house which was repossessed in 2009 when I lost my job and became ill. At the time of the repossession a TPP was set-up whereby I pay £1 per month and this is still in effect.

Due to the age of the repossession, this no longer appears on my credit report and I have a perfect credit score (999 on Experian and 5/5 on Noddle).

I am 42 so any mortgage would run past my (current) state retirement age by about 6-9 months but have a personal pension plan and an old works one which kicks in at 60.

In preparation for this, I have had initial conversations with different brokers.

I spoke with L&C who were very polite and friendly but I felt that they were following a script and we not really taking account of my past.

I tried Trinity Financial and was VERY disappointed. I left a message and waited 4 days for a return call. I couldn't answer the call at the time and called back the next day. The person who answered said that he could not help me and I would have to speak to the person who left the message. I explained that he didn't leave a name and that I was making an initial call but he insisted that I would have to call back the person who called me.

Finally I spoke with Mortgage Simplicity. The person I spoke to was very helpful, knowledgeable, and took the time to listen to my circumstances.

I am very tempted to follow my gut and go back to mortgage simplicity but I have not been able to find any reviews of the company. Does anyone have any experience of Mortgage Simplicity or can you recommend an alternative broker?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    damo24 wrote: »
    At the time of the repossession a TPP was set-up whereby I pay £1 per month and this is still in effect.

You'll need to declare the debt on your application. Won't look good that you are still only repaying a £1 a month. Yet have managed to accumulate a deposit. Relationships are two way. Don't be surprised if some lenders aren't interested.
  • sensibly_insane
    sensibly_insane Posts: 184 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2018 at 8:50AM
    Options
    I was also looking for the reviews for mortgage simplicity and now I have completed remortgage application successfully with the help of mortgage simplicity, I would like to share my experience in case someone else may find it useful in the future if they make it here through a search engine.

Without a doubt, I would consider it as a 7 star service and would highly recommend it. This was one of the best experiences of mine to deal with a company in the U.K.

The mortgage broker I dealt with, Chris Love is very knowledgeable, friendly and pleasant. The whole process of remortgage application was smooth and very quick - submitted the application promptly, and the mortgage was approved within 3-4 weeks which is quite impressive.

I have already referred mortgage simplicity to a number of people I know and would definitely avail their services in future again.

Interestingly many brokers charge hefty fees for mortgage application so it is really a no brainer to go for using the services of a skilled mortgage broker who charges nothing.

Highly recommended and very pleased!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport