Disclosing income for maintenance calculation

Hi, I'm a paying parent and I'm happy to pay the maintenance, but do I have to disclose to my ex partner the details of my P60 on a yearly basis? The amount needs to be calculated yearly, and it is, but nowhere does it say that I need to share confidential financial details to my ex. She and her solicitor are demanding my financial details to be laid out in the open but I'm uncomfortable with sharing this. Can they not just go through the CMS/CSA to find my income details?

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I very much doubt that the CMS could give anyone those details due to the DPA
  • BAFE
    BAFE Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    the only way to evidence your income is - to evidence your income. I'm not sure how else you and your ex wife can calculate an accurate amount without knowing your income.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    denki wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a paying parent and I'm happy to pay the maintenance, but do I have to disclose to my ex partner the details of my P60 on a yearly basis?

The amount needs to be calculated yearly, and it is, but nowhere does it say that I need to share confidential financial details to my ex.

She and her solicitor are demanding my financial details to be laid out in the open but I'm uncomfortable with sharing this.

Can they not just go through the CMS/CSA to find my income details?

What's the difference between you providing evidence of your annual income and some official providing your ex with the evidence?
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Who is dealing with your child maintenance order? It sounds like your ex is taking you through the family court, and if this is what's happened CMS won't have information about your income as they are not involved. If your child maintenance is court ordered, they (the court, your ex's solicitor, and your ex) can ask for a reconsideration (basically it's a recalculation) every 12 months, so they can ask to see your P60 and your bank statements as a reconsideration/recalculation depends upon your financial circumstances. If you were to go through CMS, they would recalculate your maintenance order only when asked, and not every 12 months.
  • jjj1980
    jjj1980 Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    CMS do in fact make a review every year of the cases with them. The link below is to their documentation that explains the Annual Review.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/261704/the-annual-review.pdf
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    The CSA used to claim that, but it rarely happened, they never had the staffing levels needed.
  • The annual reviews within CMS are almost all done automatically with a computer link to HMRC. CMS will share the income figure used to make the calculation with your ex - the law specifically tells them they must. So as others have said, what’s the difference between them sharing it and you sharing it?
    I often use a tablet to post, so sometimes my posts will have random letters inserted, or entirely the wrong word if autocorrect is trying to wind me up. Hopefully you'll still know what I mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure