PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 20 July

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,074 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Bizarrely I've hurt one of my feet overnight! The front of my foot / ankle is really sore and I'm hobbling - I think I've lain badly on it and sprained it. Just very weird. It'll make for an 'interesting' day of shopping and looking after DM. :eek: I've taken paracetamol and rubbed on ibuprofen gel, so fingers crossed. It'll have happened because I sometimes lie in odd shapes to ease my painful knee.

Taff - sorry to read about your Dad, I'm right alongside you all the way.

My plan for the day was shopping and then going out for a walk...I'll have to be flexible now.

It's very dull and rainy here, not too inviting at all. I've got plenty of books to read and I'll put both my feet up.

Thoughts to all those struggling. Happy Saturday to all.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 July 2019 at 7:40AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

Gers - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining at the moment but wet underfoot and more rain forecast, rained on and off yesterday.

DH and myself enjoying first cuppas, I'm showered and dressed and enjoying my porridge, as I'm going into work today, then back properly on Monday.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken portions, chips, beans/veg and HM coleslaw. I had fishcakes and veg. I had planned a relatively easy dinner for tonight but roast has been requested, so I'll be buying the meat and ready made yorkshires later and will just do some fresh veg and gravy to go with it. Could do without cooking in this heat!

Got what I wanted done yesterday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off Gers, hope your foot feels better soon. taff sorry to hear about your Dad
    Take care of yourselves, I know looking after someone is exhausting, you're both doing a great job.

Don't know why I went to bed last night, couldn't sleep and the noise from the rain, thunder and lightning didn't help.

Good to hear Nelski is ok, thoughts are with Holly, Poppy, OL and all our missing friends.

Not much planned for today

Take care all
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,693 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 July 2019 at 7:34AM
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks GERS for starting us off. I feel half doped this morning despite a reasonable (for me) night. I am trying to perk myself up by listening to Tony Blackburn's Sounds of the 60's. Takes me back to my long lost youth!

It's fine here at the minute but a bit of light rain is forecast later. We just had one good downpour yesterday and the rest of the time it was just drizzle. The gardens and pots look a bit happier!

Undecided what to do today. I did think of maybe another bus ride somewhere if I can get my arris (and legs) into gear.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all who need them, as well as our absent friends. GERS I share your pain with aged legs and hope yours ease a bit. Take care all xx

Just seen your late post TAFF, didn't see it last night. Special big ((HUG)) for you. Hope today is a better day for you and your dad x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Well the promised thunder and lightening didn't appear so that was a bit disappointing. We didn't have much rain either so it was a fairly warm and muggy night. I woke up 4 times in the night so I still feel tired this morning. We watched a great film though before bed called the Theory of Everything or something like that about the early life of Stephen Hawking. Eddie Redmayne played him and what a fantastic actor he is :). Steve and I really enjoyed it.

Today is going to be a quiet day too, I am hoping the grandchildren will come over to see us along with their mum. Steve could tell I was getting a bit fed up so he has set me a project to update the living room, choosing new carpet, paint and blinds. I will be doing all the research and pricing up and then he will book some time off to do the work. I don't like the disruption it will cause but I really want the living room sorted out as it hasn't been decorated for about 15 years! At least it has given me something to think about.

Steve is making me a bacon sandwich to go with my cup of tea. We are having chicken thighs tonight with something or there is a cooked ham which we could have with golden rice and pineapple. Whatever he decides to cook will be fine with me.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    And they're off! I have roofers taking off the old tiles. Luckily the rain stopped and the sun is trying to come out. Work is proceeding on schedule.

Gers sorry to hear about your bad foot. I did something similar when sleeping in the spare bed after D H "s surgery. I stubbed my toe on the wall and it was really painful.

taff have a hug. I have been there so thinking of you and Dad.
    TA have a good day out.

Well have a good day all. Hugs and spons all round.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread get a and hugs to all those in need.

Very difficult day for Steve yesterday, the meeting at work has made him finally realise that he will never be well enough to return to work, then in the evening we went out and we had to come home after an hour as he couldn't cope.

Lazy day planned today so Steve can recover.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,074 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Gintot - great news about the roof. My fingers are crossed for the rain to hold off for you.

Dumpling - good luck in your project. I can envisage lists, photos, colour samples on a mood board.:rotfl:

A quick surf around internet-city has found that I've got a midfoot sprain from (probably) lying on it when the ankle was twisted. The painkillers are doing their work so I can now walk reasonably well, having put on my shoes has helped too. I'll head out for the outside chores now before the tabs wear off. Always something! :rotfl:

After a day of fasting DM is now eating a minute portion of porridge though she has drunk all of the Ensure since last night. Baby steps. The 'lilo' is very comfortable so that's sorted too.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    taff and Gers, I'm sorry you are both going through it atm, be kind to yourselves.

Life is trundling along with nothing really happening, Steve is playing with Ziggy in the garden, she is so amusing to watch. Oh and we have tickets to the theatre tonight to see Choice Grenfell so I am looking forward to that, I loved Joyce Grenfell so hoprfully it will be good.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Its been raining all night and morning with thunder and lightening but it seems to have stopped now and we are in for a nice day so BBq will be on tonight !

Im not sure I said yesterday but Ive now lost 1.5 ST I am very pleased with myself I was stuck for about two weeks without losing so glad I got over that hump, still 9 weeks to my holiday so a while to go yet, getting there slowly !

Might do prawns and lamb fillet on the bbq tonight for a change with just some chilli and garlic on the prawns will do a big bowl of salad and maybe a pasta salad with it.

Need to clean through this morning one of us will do upstairs and the other down, doesnt take long between us and I know its having a good clean !

Hester that must have been a tough day for Steve and you, sending hugs xx

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family