PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Whole salmon deals

Options
Hi
Is there any whole salmon sales going on at the moment?
Where else can I get good deals on whole salmon apart from superstores?
many thanks

Comments

• unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'd guess you're best contacting suppliers (farms) direct for a whole fish, and/or check with your local wholesaler for a comparison. There was a great documentary on BBC2 the other week, "What Britain Buys & Sells In A Day" - episode 2 was fish, and very informative - should still be on iPlayer

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bought a whole salmon from a Tesco last Christmas, never again as it came gutted but not boned and what a pain that turned out to be.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ocado often have a whole side of salmon for £9.99 half price. With money off a first shop and some other bargains it may be a good buy?
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Do you know anyone who is a Costco member? I regularly buy filleted sides of salmon from there.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    Bought a whole salmon from a Tesco last Christmas, never again as it came gutted but not boned and what a pain that turned out to be.

Eh? Why do you think it's called 'whole' and costs less than filleted and boned???
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eh? Why do you think it's called 'whole' and costs less than filleted and boned???

I'm well aware what a whole salmon is but perhaps you may have noticed that the OP was asking about buying a whole salmon and I was advising against it, I don't think there's any need for sarcasm from you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure