Husband made redundant or sacked

My husband has been told he has 1 month left at work it wasnt going well but we are still waiting on whether he is going to be officially sacked or made redundant.
He was a high wage earner £42000, the situation now will be i work 17 hrs a week and earn approx £7300 per year. We are in private rent of £775 per month and can see from the housing benefit site i will only get maximum £150 per week housing benefit.
What other benefits will we be entitled too? As when i have visited sites it says no working tax and small bit of council tax benefit. When i calculate all this together with my wage it is not enough to pay the rent and bills.
We also have loans and credit card bills etc.

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    sadis wrote: »
    My husband has been told he has 1 month left at work it wasnt going well but we are still waiting on whether he is going to be officially sacked or made redundant.
    He was a high wage earner £42000, the situation now will be i work 17 hrs a week and earn approx £7300 per year. We are in private rent of £775 per month and can see from the housing benefit site i will only get maximum £150 per week housing benefit.
    What other benefits will we be entitled too? As when i have visited sites it says no working tax and small bit of council tax benefit. When i calculate all this together with my wage it is not enough to pay the rent and bills.

Why is there any question over whether your husband has been made redundant or sacked? Please explain as if your husband has been sacked he may have difficulty in claiming any benefits for a while and his chances of finding alternative employment may be adversely affected.
    If he is being made redundant, then he will probably be entitled to some redundancy pay that will help cover the period until he finds new work :)
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    How long has your husband been working for his current employer?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Wywth wrote: »
    Why is there any question over whether your husband has been made redundant or sacked? Please explain as if your husband has been sacked he may have difficulty in claiming any benefits for a while and his chances of finding alternative employment may be adversely affected.
    If he is being made redundant, then he will probably be entitled to some redundancy pay that will help cover the period until he finds new work :)

My husband had afew warning from work and he had his last one this week which they advised previously would mean 1 month to clear his work then goodbye BUT his boss had said the word redundant in his telephone call.
    This company is a joke his boss and HR are based in germany so all contact is via email or phone calls.He had only been there 6months ,it was all down too training issues well lack of, he was supposed to train himself at the job with no mentor,even thou there plan is with a mentor
  • How long has your husband been working for his current employer?

only 6months will be 7months end of this month
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    sadis wrote: »

HI

Please follow the link below ( to CAB adviceguide ) for info on benefits following dismissal - should this happen in your husbands case.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_work_comes_to_an_end_e/dismissal_and_benefits.htm

Also if you are having problems managing your finances see the section on Help with debt under debt and money on the same site. Your local CAB can also give assistance in managing your bills.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure