trying to clear a debt every month.

Options
Hi all,
i have just joined this site today after for lurking for at least 6 months!!! i have been tackling my debt with the ideas i have got off here but i have now decided to start my own diary and challenge myself to clear a debt every month, and as it is the 1st september today i thought there was no better time to start!!!

a bit about myself, i am a mummy to 2 boys who are aged 5 and 3, my oh is self employed so wages vary every week but luckily we can get by and overpay most months on the credit cards. i like many others dont know what i have spent my money on as i only have a few things to show for the debt!!
i would LOVE to be debt free asap and that is why i need to give myself a challenge and targets to beat so i dont fall at the first hurdle!! :rolleyes:

i am going to join the payment a day challenge to help me reach my goal.
my debt to clear this month is my HSBC credit card which currently stands at £472.31.

so here goes and hopefully on the 1st October i will be able to cancel and be rid of 1 debt and be ready to tackle another!!! :cool:

thanks for reading and sorry about the reallllllly long post!!!

xxxxxx
:idea: pad started 29/10/09: 139.50

:heartsmil mummy to 2 boys aged 6 and 3 :heartsmil

Comments

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    good luck in your challenge, hope you achieve it and keep us posted so we can watch you along the way.
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Hello and welcome

Good luck. Keep posting to let us know how you getting along. One word of warning though - this site is addictive! LOL

P
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    good luck with the challenge and welcome to the debt free wanabee boards, have you thought of doing an SOA (statement of affairs) basically incomings v outgoings, as you said ur income can vary due to oh being self employed, but at least you could look at your outgoings and see if theres any that can be shaved down to free up more money.
    xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • funkyflower
    Options
    thankyou for your quick replies.
    the good thing about this site being addictive is that i will be sat on my laptop (hopefully i will remember to pick kiddies up from school and playschool!!!) and i wont be out spending money!! :D
    xx
    :idea: pad started 29/10/09: 139.50

:heartsmil mummy to 2 boys aged 6 and 3 :heartsmil
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills