ESA appeal

Options
Hello,

I had my ESA appeal this morning which i successfully passed. I was told that whilst on the appeal that if i won my appeal my money would go back to normal. I was getting £110 per week, but the lady who helped me with my appeal told me that i would receive around £99 now. Could you please clear up which if these amount i will now receive please ?

I was originally on Incapacity Benefit long term before the new ESA came on.

Comments

• bricklayer1
    Options
    evertonio wrote: »
    Hello,

I had my ESA appeal this morning which i successfully passed. I was told that whilst on the appeal that if i won my appeal my money would go back to normal. I was getting £110 per week, but the lady who helped me with my appeal told me that i would receive around £99 now. Could you please clear up which if these amount i will now receive please ?

I was originally on Incapacity Benefit long term before the new ESA came on.
    Hi, it seems the appeal panel have placed you in the WRAG.
    This means you will need to attend work focused interviews at the Jobcentre.
    It may have been unfortunate for you to not have been placed in the Support Group as you would still get £110.
    Please check which esa group you have been placed in to clarify.

Regards,
  • evertonio
    Options
    i have been put on the WRAG.
  • miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    evertonio wrote: »
    i have been put on the WRAG.

As you were previously on IB you should receive the same amount as you did then - if you do not receive this, remind them of "transitional protection", you will receive the IB amount until the ESA rate catches up.
  • evertonio
    Options
    miduck wrote: »
    As you were previously on IB you should receive the same amount as you did then - if you do not receive this, remind them of "transitional protection", you will receive the IB amount until the ESA rate catches up.

Thank you for your help Miduck. Appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure