Uber - Cheshire - Manc Airport ?

Options
Hi all,

Its a while away, but will need to get from Congleton, Cheshire to Manc Airport. I am taking it as read that Uber operate in Manchester , but do you reckon they would come out to Congleton ?

Also, do Uber pick up from Manc Airport ?

Cheers

Comments

• BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've been using Uber to go from a village in Lancashire to Oldham hospital recently (and back again) and never had any difficulty getting a car within minutes - so your route sounds eminently do-able. You can book them in advance, but I've not tried doing that yet as it just hasn't been necessary.

Popular places to drop off, like an airport, should be easy to catch a new ride back from.
  • lammy82
    lammy82 Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's very easy to check the actual situation yourself on the Uber app by modifying the pick up point to see what is available at another location.

I think you will struggle to get uber to pick up from Congleton. Manchester airport should be ok, although last time I struggled to find the designated Uber pick up location.
  • lammy82
    lammy82 Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And you can't actually book an Uber in advance, just schedule a pick up request. If there are no cars available when the time comes, you don't get one.
  • CountryGoose
    Options
    Uber does not cover Congleton, so you will not be able to summon a car there. You may be able to agree a ride from the airport with an Uber driver.

Best to use a local cab firm and pre-book, or book StreetCars via the airport, though they have not been the greatest performers for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure