BG FIT PAYMENTS cheque or BACS

Options
Whereas other providers have been paying their FIT payments by BACS British Gas still sends out cheques at cost and inconvenience to their clients and themselves. I was told by BG several years ago that a change to BACS was "imminent" but still nothing on the horizon. One would think Centrica might be interested to improve costs and service levels given that their share price has slumped from 300 to 73p in the last 5 years..but apparently not. Hope those management bonuses are safe! Wakey wakey BG!

Would be great if others could also push BG to wake up.

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Options
    You are under no obligation to take your FIT payments from your electricity provider. So if you don't like British Gas, go elsewhere.
    Reed
  • JM98
    JM98 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I have changed electricity supplier (to a small cheap one) but left BG for the FITS payments.
    Could I change this to any other provider I like? I am worried I may get different rates or be rejected.
    It is an option I would consider although I would rather see a huge company such as BG stay withthe times and improve their service (after a few years of fobbing me off)
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    When you switch to a new FiT licensee all of your rates etc. will be the same.

You are unlikely to be rejected unless you potentially have a meter inspection overdue (some suppliers don't accept customers with overdue inspections).

There are a few FiT licensees out there which definitely pay by BACs and, by the sounds of it, would have better service than BG.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/fit/contacts-guidance-and-resources/fit-licensee-contact-details
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure