Music player app that only scans one folder?

Music dudes.... I'm sure a lot of you have music on your phone? I'm trying to find a player app that doesn't scan my entire phone and load every tiny audio file into the player. It just messes up the player with nonsense files that don't belong to any album or aren't even music.

I've looked around a bit, but it's going to take forever trying different apps. Can anyone recommend an app that only looks at a specific music folder?

thanks

Comments

• Robm1955
    Robm1955 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm in the same boat. Everyone I've tried finds everything on my phone, and some even search for songs online, which I don't want. I keep all my music in one place, and in subfolders of artist, and album name, if there is one.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    You'd assume looking just in a directory you specified would be a standard use case, and searching everywhere for everthing would be something a user would opt-into, not the other way round!
  • If its any use I use Musicolet Music Player and it works well for me. Worth a try and its free.
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
  • Thanks Freebyman - I had a previous simple mp3 player app that did this perfectly & missed it on my new phone (using Google Play Music offline, which keeps losing my playlists). Musicolet seems lovely from a quick play!
  • ChrisK....._3
    ChrisK....._3 Posts: 920 Forumite
    edited 16 February 2019 at 12:13PM
    I'm using Google music offline which can play stuff by Google Voice assistant. My phone is also hooked up by blue tooth to my car stereo. So when I'm driving down the road I just say "Hey Google play Innervisions by Stevie wonder" and the album starts playing. I can also just say "hey Google play sting" and it creates a playlist with all my sting tracks (wherever they are) and plays it. I can even skip tracks with my steering wheel stalks. I can't possibly imagine anyone listening to music in any other way????
    If I ruled the world.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport