Can I earn £1000 in 2019 per month using 8 hours or less a week?

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am excited and honored to be a part of this group.

I work full-time and I am interested in boosting my income.

Is it possible to earn an extra £1000 a month with 8 hours working from home?

If so what legitimate work from home jobs can I do to achieve this?

I currently work in a Sales & Marketing role (Junior level).

My role includes but not limited to:
Providing administrative and sales support to the sales department and exploring new potential sales sectors for our existing products.
Maintaining regular customer contact as part of our “after-sales” service to ensure repeat business and also to discuss other products.
Updating and improving the company's web-site to ensure freshness and SEO
Marketing and promoting the business and product offerings, using social media platforms.

I am not interested in taking surveys they take up a lot of time especially when you do not qualify for the majority of surveys.I recently registered with Swagbucks and every survey i took it would just blank me out after a few minutes. I wasted more than 2 hours trying to get points!

What is the best platform for admin based/data entry jobs online?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Frankly I doubt it, assuming a 4 week month for ease gives you 32 hours and to earn £1000 you would need an income of £31.25 ph. Working from home jobs generally tend to be at the lower end of the income bracket- unless you are wildly experienced at something and have found a company that will pay you a lot due to your unique expertise- you are unlikely to do that from a cold start.

With 8 hours a week only and finding a niche work from home opportunity you may get into the hundreds - but remember any earned income will also be subject to tax and NI. Data inputting is still out there, but as above you are likely to be getting around minimum wage - and that's assuming they will take you on.

Locally to me, and I suspect nationally, there are a lot of overnight chat line vacancies, mainly for women - but even they only pay minimum wage of £8.21 and you are expected to work 4 hour shifts overnight which seems like a lot of effort for very little reward especially after tax.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • scaredofdebt
    Options
    SEO skills are somewhat sought after, you might be able to offer that on a freelance basis.

Check your current contract doesn't preclude you doing that, a good SEO expert can command £50+ an hour but you'll need to demonstrate your ability.

Your target market will be SME and small businesses.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So you're looking for the equivalent of a £100k job that you can do part time from home

Assuming you're looking for £1k per month net presumably you've understood the tax implications vs your current role (i.e. all your 'new' income will be taxed.

Only things I can think of are legal but may be immoral and probably depend on your gender :rotfl:
  • Betterlife19
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your reply and suggestions. Yes I am aware of the tax implications, it looks like I will have to go back to the drawing board and acquire specialized skills to achieve my target of £1,000/month.

Have you used upwork before?
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lets be fair if £1k per month in 8 hours was a genuinely feasible and easy thing to do, we would all be doing it.
    And adjust it for the amount of money you need...3 days a month for £3k and spend the rest of your time playing golf? Sounds like the future to me...
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • k3lvc
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Lets be fair if £1k per month in 8 hours was a genuinely feasible and easy thing to do, we would all be doing it.
    And adjust it for the amount of money you need...3 days a month for £3k and spend the rest of your time playing golf? Sounds like the future to me...
    To be fair to the OP they're only looking for £1k per month for 8hrs work per week
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    To be fair to the OP they're only looking for £1k per month for 8hrs work per week

Correct and as we all know, 8 hours is pretty much 1 days work in many places. I am unsure what your point is other then to try and be pedantic but failing miserably.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • timjim
    timjim Posts: 85 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mike. How does £1k per month for 8 hours work per week become £3k for 3 days work.
  • k3lvc
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Correct and as we all know, 8 hours is pretty much 1 days work in many places. I am unsure what your point is other then to try and be pedantic but failing miserably.

See poster above who was able to grasp simple maths where you apparently cant :rotfl:
  • brewthebear
    Options
    Let me know when you find the answer as Im sure we,ll all want to do it lol......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure