Solar installers in Worcs

Options

Comments

• hawkwinddotcom
    Options
    I had a decent price off http://www.roxonelectrical.co.uk/,
    £5200 ish for 3.78kw, solaredge and iboost
    3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
    30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
    Gloucester
  • am3n3
    am3n3 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A new quote from CTS Renewables, subject to survey but they have used a Google aerial image for this quote:
    14x 285W Perlight Mono Black (3.99kWp total)
    SolarEdge 3680 HD Wave + Optimisers
    iBoost
    Scaffolding + install + EPC included
    Total = £5,787

Extras not included in quote:
    -20 year inverter product warranty = £440 ("minimum 5 year defects warranty...please be aware it is likely the inverter unit will need to be replaced or repaired during the 20 years covered by the FiT")
    -Wireless display unit = £140 (I will ask for ModBus instead)

I doubt they will be able to fit 14 panels, so may have to use 300W or 330W panels. But pricewise it's the closest to target so far.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 June 2018 at 4:54PM
    Options
    am3n3 wrote: »
    -20 year inverter product warranty = £440 ("minimum 5 year defects warranty...please be aware it is likely the inverter unit will need to be replaced or repaired during the 20 years covered by the FiT")

That sounds strange?

Can I set you some homework to check out SolarEdge warranty extensions. I thought the inverter upgrade from 12yrs to 20yrs was about £100, let's say less than !!!8364;150 as you might find a European price. [For some reason MSE no longer likes the euro symbol (altGr $ sign)]

See what you can find.

Edit - Thinking about it, mine was upped to 20yrs just by asking the installers, as I'm sure it wasn't a lot and they didn't even haggle. M.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    That sounds strange?

Can I set you some homework to check out SolarEdge warranty extensions. I thought the inverter upgrade from 12yrs to 20yrs was about £100, let's say less than !!!8364;150 as you might find a European price.

See what you can find.

Edit - Thinking about it, mine was upped to 20yrs just by asking the installers, as I'm sure it wasn't a lot and they didn't even haggle. M.

If it helps further then when negotiating our installation we were quoted in Euros. 180 for an SE6000 and 120 each for two SE3500 to increase the warranty from twelve to twenty years. There was no mention of a minimum 5 year defects warranty.
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • am3n3
    Options
    I called CTS Renewables today to clarify the warranty terms. The fact they mention a 5 year defects warranty backed by themselves slightly confused what I was looking at (and which warranty terms override).

For SolarEdge, there's a 12 year warranty on the inverter. To extend the warranty to 20 years costs £158.86. The optimiser includes a 25 yr warranty. This is far lower than the £440 quoted for a "20 year inverter product warranty" mentioned in my original quote!

There is also a 10 year RECC-compliant warranty & they are MCS-certified.

The PV panels have a 10 yr defects-based parts & labour warranty. A previous quote I posted on this thread for Piemar 300W Black Mono panels offered a 20yr product / 30yr performance warranties. Unfortunately neither of these quotes separated out the panel prices from the overall quote.

I'm also anticipating my quote going up post-survey because there's almost no way they can fit 14 panels; I think 11 is more realistic. To achieve 3.99kWp, higher-capacity (i.e. more expensive) panels will be required--I'll update how much this will change CTS' quote.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I called CTS Renewables today to clarify the warranty terms. The fact they mention a 5 year defects warranty backed by themselves slightly confused what I was looking at (and which warranty terms override).

For SolarEdge, there's a 12 year warranty on the inverter. To extend the warranty to 20 years costs £158.86.

That still sounds high, so I've found this warranty extension price list, which looks like £110 for an upto 4kW HD Wave inverter.

But compared to £440, £160 looks damn good. ;)
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

For SolarEdge, there's a 12 year warranty on the inverter. To extend the warranty to 20 years costs £158.86. The optimiser includes a 25 yr warranty. This is far lower than the £440 quoted for a "20 year inverter product warranty" mentioned in my original quote!

There is also a 10 year RECC-compliant warranty & they are MCS-certified.

The PV panels have a 10 yr defects-based parts & labour warranty. A previous quote I posted on this thread for Piemar 300W Black Mono panels offered a 20yr product / 30yr performance warranties. Unfortunately neither of these quotes separated out the panel prices from the overall quote.

I'm also anticipating my quote going up post-survey because there's almost no way they can fit 14 panels; I think 11 is more realistic. To achieve 3.99kWp, higher-capacity (i.e. more expensive) panels will be required--I'll update how much this will change CTS' quote.

How are you getting on with your quotes? Have you choosen a company yet? What is the best quote you have had so far?
  • am3n3
    Options
    I'm waiting for CTS to come back with an amended quote for a 11-panel 3.99 kW system since their 14-panel quote wasn't doable on my roof.

I'm also waiting for another quote from Room Electrical, previously mentioned on this thread. I'll up as soon as I can, thanks for all the help so far!
  • am3n3
    Options
    The updated quote I have from CTS is £5,535 for a 11-panel 3.3 kWp system with JA 300W Smart Module Mono panels + SolarEdge +iBoost. I found the retail price for these panels for approx. £170. My guess of pricing this up as a 3.9 kWp system (which is what I wanted) would be £5,875.

By comparison, I had a quote from Forever Green for a 13-panel 3.9 kWp using Piemar 300W black mono panels + SolarEdge + iBoost + Modbus for £6,555, roughly £700 more.

While I'm keen to save money, I had to chase CTS this week for the updated quote after I asked them for the requote over 2 weeks ago, whereas Forever Green came out to survey and quote within 2 days of my first call and demoed the iBoost & Modbus apps for me. However, compared to JA, Piemar isn't a brand I found any reliability info on.

I think it's down to choosing the best of these 2 quotes for me. If I can haggle with Forever Green to knock off a couple hundred quid that would sell it for me.
  • hollie.weimeraner
    hollie.weimeraner Posts: 2,147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 July 2018 at 9:39AM
    Options
    I'm waiting for CTS to come back with an amended quote for a 11-panel 3.99 kW system since their 14-panel quote wasn't doable on my roof.

I'm also waiting for another quote from Room Electrical, previously mentioned on this thread. I'll up as soon as I can, thanks for all the help so far!

Hi, CTS fitted my panels 3 years ago. They weren't the cheapest but were competitive and their service is great. I can definitely vouch for them and have sent a PM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure