bye 100% plus!

Options

Comments

• homer_j_3
    homer_j_3 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    Options
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Oh, oh, oh, please sir, can I get on this mailing list sir, pretty please?????:A

You sure can....

Just register your details at

https://www.igetoffondepressingnews.com

Put down that you are broker and they will set you up with an annual subscription to

https://www.weknowyouenjoydepressingnews.org
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • scratchthecat
    Options
    How long do you think it will take the other lenders to withdraw theirs?

Just to add to an absolutely horrific day, platform have just announced 65 redundancies too. I'm sick of it, every day I get a redundancy email, a lenders gone bust email, or we are not doing high LTV/self certs/BTL's anymore email. Makes my job an absolute nightmare. If lenders retract much further we will only be lending to super clean prime full status clients and there will be a lot of people looking to rent!

Why not get a proper job or are you, like most people in the housing sector, an unskilled spiv preying on the hard work of others?
  • scratchthecat
    Options
    homer_j wrote: »
    A selection of emails in my inbox today

In at number 3...
    Lehman brothers to cull 200 jobs - looking like from the spml brand.

At number 2.....
    Black and White go into administration with news of some brokers being owed 10k...

However at No 1....

Mortgage lending has gone up by 11% in january from December and is only £0.1b down on what was lent this time last year. Commentary states they expect the year to get worse though - just when I thought I had some happy news to share.

And you! Get a proper job.
  • scratchthecat
    Options
    Yup, does not look good. Everywhere lenders are changing criterias.

Sadly some people will be really stung and the only way out for them is to pile every penny into the mortgage to get out of negative equity.

And tell your estate agent mates to go back to school.
  • Gorgeous_George
    Options
    scratchthecat

I'm intrigued. What do you do for a living?

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • scratchthecat
    Options
    scratchthecat

I'm intrigued. What do you do for a living?

GG

I'm an electronic engineer. I had to work hard to get my qualifications and experience while anyone can become a mortgage advisor, estate agent or "property expert". I suggest that these property ramping, lie to buy leeches do something worthwhile, if they can.
  • EdInvestor
    EdInvestor Posts: 15,749 Forumite
    Options
    I'm an electronic engineer.

Another member of the "back to the dark ages" fraternity, can't stand the idea that there may be less well educated people making more money than he does, can't accept that financial services are where it's at in the 21st century, can't understand that rich countries can't prosper from making products any more, really can't stand the idea that the less well-off may be living comfortable lives in properties of their own, rather than still tugging forelocks at their betters.

These people are sooooo tedious. :rolleyes:
    Trying to keep it simple...;)
  • homer_j_3
    homer_j_3 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    Options
    I'm an electronic engineer. I had to work hard to get my qualifications and experience while anyone can become a mortgage advisor, estate agent or "property expert". I suggest that these property ramping, lie to buy leeches do something worthwhile, if they can.

Oh well, I better go and pack my bags and leave shall I.

Should I go and knock on the door of computeach?

Anyway must go, got some clients to go and prey on and then off to the old boys club to have a drinky poos with my old boy tarquin who runs the estate agent and phillip the property investor.

I will just put my qualifications through the shredder on my way out because somebody has realised my true colours...
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Exact_Money
    Options

Hmm, I wouldn't tar Mortgage Advisers with the same brush as Estate Agents. We don't like that.

It took me a Degree, several financial advice courses and qualifications, 3 years as a trainee and a pretty thorough application to the Financial Services Authority to get where I am now as the principal of my own business.

Just remember all you need to be an electronic engineer is a B ENG, I have a B SC, what's the difference there then?

Are you trying to say you are more intelligent? I would say your comments suggest not.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • guyrulius
    Options
    EdInvestor wrote: »
    Another member of the "back to the dark ages" fraternity, can't stand the idea that there may be less well educated people making more money than he does, can't accept that financial services are where it's at in the 21st century, can't understand that rich countries can't prosper from making products any more, really can't stand the idea that the less well-off may be living comfortable lives in properties of their own, rather than still tugging forelocks at their betters.

These people are sooooo tedious. :rolleyes:
    I'm a software engineer - I work on avionics systems - so I do something reasonably useful and am paid well for it and I don't need to tug my forelock to anybody.

I am accountable for my actions and design decisions unlike it seems most in the financial services industry.

The financial services industry is about to reap the benefit of what it has spent a decade sowing. You had all better buy yourselves a shoeshine kit and learn to say thank you in Chinese because you will have nothing else to fall back on by the time this has finished.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure