Payslip

Options
Hi all, hope you're well. Sorry if this is not in the right place, feel free to move it mods.

So long story short, I was wondering if I would get a payslip. I'm a sessional worker, so am only paid for the hours I work, and didn't work in april, so I was wondering whether I still get a payslip (obviously it would say 0 for everything, but for reasons I won't go into yet, it would be rather convenient). Does anyone know the answer or have any experience of this? FYI, my employer is the ministry of justice, so a pretty big HR department I'd imagine. I'm not in work during the week (when I can get hold of HR) for a couple of weeks now, so I was hoping one of you lovely people had the answer.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No if you didnt work you won't receive a payslip
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should definitely receive a P60 for the year's total earnings, but that may not be until the end of May.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    You should definitely receive a P60 for the year's total earnings, but that may not be until the end of May.

Although of course that is very unlikely to cover April 2019 anyway, it'll be next year's P60 that does that, assuming the OP does do more work for the employer before next April.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    True. I should wake up before I post.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All payroll programs that I have worked with would have generated a payslip with zero figures. Whether or not it is made available to the employee either as a paper slip or on some website they can access is another question. I would suggest talking to payroll, they may be able to supply a payslip or provide something confirming the details of the payslip.
  • BK123
    BK123 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all. Just FYI really. Managed to speak to HR, they said no pay slip is produced if no claims are made. They will however give me a letter stating there was no payslip for this month. Should work.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Thanks for coming back and updating us! Nice to have a good outcome to the issue.
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure