Energy Company

Options
I have used Utility Warehouse for electricity & gas since 2005. It was originally termed as Utility Warehouse Club and charged £1.50 for the privilege. That rose in cost and in 2015 I cancelled the charge. It transpires that this is an insurance for accident, illness and redundancy something I was never aware of.

With a minimum of £18 per year over 10 years could be worth claiming back.

Is this considered PPI miss selling and worth a letter?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's not PPI but you can certainly complain about it, whether they accept your complaint is a different matter.

Why do you feel it is wrong? Would it not have paid out or did you have alternative cover such as a work sick pay policy? How did you sign up for it (e.g. did you tick a box on a website to say you wanted it or did they call you after joining offering it?)

Simply having the cover is not miss-sale and claiming you didn't know it offered this sort of protection is hearsay as they will almost certainly have proof that this information was provided to you.
  • Saviman
    Options
    From the reply to my query I will not proceed but thank you for your help.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saviman wrote: »
    From the reply to my query I will not proceed but thank you for your help.

Not saying you shouldn't complain, just that you should present a valid case - complaining about a product you don't want and feel was miss-sold was fine, just make sure it is done right i.e. not complaining about a product being PPI when it isn't
  • biscuit.lover
    Options
    Just to pick up on this topic, my sister has realised she has been unknowingly paying this "insurance" too.

I suspect many people have had this taken from them in addition to their energy bills.

I am going to look further into this as it is completely wrong imo.

Has anyone done anything about this? I would appreciate any info.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure