Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone ok, had miss hoodie off school all week, went t9 go Monday and she!!!8217;s had a bout of flu which has left her with a chest infection, poor kid, literally sat ngt to wed afternoon poor kid was in bed, she literally hadn!!!8217;t got anounce of energy, thank gid she!!!8217;s got over th3 worse, on antibiotics.

Actually did something for m3 the other ngt went to see Jim Davidson, it must be 20+ yrs size saw him in Torquay, the good old days when it was th3 summer season... he was good but without sounding horrible, not as good as his hey day....

Next trip out is Sarah Millican.... feel so odd as it was sept last year when we booked the tickets sept last yr...

Birthday... Feb... got 1 my friends son. So pop £10 in a card
    March... Mother!!!8217;s Day 11th... usually get token gift £10/£15 fir mum off me then give miss hoodie £10 for me and £10 fir mum

Best mates bday, 3 mini gin set ( free as had money off shopping so brought present), body shop set (freebie with xx spend) get a bunch flowers to go with it...

Angela... sound like a mass panic glad it all worked out ok. Xx

Gym... we!!!8217;ve started a new gym, a posh one with pool, haven!!!8217;t braved the pool yet, will do next week, sounds daft have to 0,Uckfield the courage up yet...), the exercise side of it have a 10;min workout, been designed around what can do / can!!!8217;t do... its all going to help.
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi again,

mum2one, I didn't remember Mother's Day is in March so that's good we've all got a reminder how soon it will be.

Poor Miss Hoodie, I hope she feels much better soon.

Jim Davidson, it always seems that entertainers carry on for years - do they change their material - maybe JD hasn't as you said he's not as good as before?

I hope you enjoy your new gym.

Today I'm planning on trying to rummage through card making stash to find bits and pieces to make a card or even a present but I'm not hopeful as I couldn't find the necessary items earlier in the week so have no idea where else to look, I usually put everything back in the usual places so where on earth I left them last time they were used (just after Christmas) I really can't imagine.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mum2one I hope miss hoodie feels better soon.

Two of my eBay Xmas gifts arrived today. The first one was the blanket with sleeves, for a relative. It arrived in a cheap looking plastic bag, but I will reuse the zip up plastic bag that OHs one arrived in. It!!!8217;s also full of static, but I!!!8217;ll wash it nearer the time to get rid of the static.

The second item was a travel jewellery box for DM. I!!!8217;m really impressed with it and I may buy one for myself - even though I don!!!8217;t go away much.

A quick reminder that Sainsbury!!!8217;s normally do 25% off their clothing at half term (normally starts on Tuesdays). It!!!8217;s great to pick stocking fillers like hats, pjs and socks.
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Boots have a 90% off sale on the rest of the Christmas stock at the moment. Can’t get into Manchester to a decent one. So not bothering. Nothing left in our local little one. Anyone who can though, worth a pick through for the present cupboard. Never know them do 90% before!
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Had a real mare with passwords and getting myself logged back in.
    mum2one hope Miss Hoodie is feeling better, have really done by best to dodge everything going or I would have ended up in hospital.

Was really lucky and got a Argos clearance gift for a present which is ideal for the person I had in mind instead of getting the same old present for him that I know he likes but is very predictable.
    Now have an overspill of presents to go into 2019. Have set some aside for charity auctions and some will come in very handy for the unexpected present that always crops up.
    Just wish I had better storage. Def need to ship some presents out by the end of March some space will be freed up and I will try to have a better rearrange.
    Still sorting items to go to the charity shop. Have been sticking to my goal of more stuff to leave the house this year rather than stuff coming in........except for presents of course!!!!!!!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow, that!!!8217;s impressive that you are now into presents for 2019.

What storage are you using for your presents?
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Chanie I have 2 suitcases under my DDs bed. Her cat always looks at me suspiciously that I'm raiding her stuff when I pull a suitcase out:rotfl:
    Found 2 more empty storage areas in DDs room that I have filled with stuff.
    Under spare room bed a suitcase filled with presents, plus bedside table drawers filled and a storage container
    In my room 2 containers(one for birthday) under the bed filled with presents and that is where the over spill is happening as the present boxes have to share space with the cats secret spaces with their beanies and tend to push the spare presents out.

nearly forgot.........there's the bottom of my wardrobe and 2 drawers in my chest of drawers aswell:eek:
    The problem I've had this year- a couple of presents for younger ones are bulky ones so have taken up more space than normal which has made life difficult.
    With birthdays in Feb, March and April plus Easter that should free up some room to reorganise the other bits properly in my room.
    The family tend to like lots of little presents rather than one big one and thats when things become chaotic aswell.
    I have been really really lucky in the sales this year and have come across items where I have thought should I get or not or will I regret it. Picked up a Disney doll last week at £3 and nearly passed out when i found out that they were selling at £18 before Christmas (plus picked up a box of crackers down from £4 to 25p)

Going to update my books this week as I'm sure my savings will beat last years and my aim is to have spent less on Christmas than last year which I think I will have done..........especially when I get things like a speeding fine:o
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Snap Happy Kitties, I have some started for 2019 too. Crazy, but when things are good prices, why not?! Only things for my daughter. Toys and clothes. Nothing that’s a passing fad based on tv or films. Only things that are “classic” and last. My little pony and Sylvanian family toys and lots of nice dresses and tops, shoes. Anything nice in !!!!!! sizes that I can put away til the time comes. I keep an eye on bargain pages for certain things and when they’re on good sale, get them to put away. Got to start keeping an eye for jumpers and warm pjs going on sale. That’s what Mum always wants at Christmas. So if I can get them on sale I can get her twice as many. Places should start stocking spring and summer soon, so then is the time!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    CCL I picked up a pair of cute little monster claw slippers I could only get in one particular size in a Tesc@ sale for peanuts but are absolutely perfect for my cousin's little monster for next year. I debated whether to get them but for the price and they are so cute I just couldn't leave them even though it does sound bonkers.

I've now got some really nice birthday presents for the start of next year that I've managed to pick up under my allocated budget price. I not only think about the money I'm saving but when I come across something that I know that is a perfect present for a particular person then I am reluctant to leave it.
    Family always think I have spent a fortune, I haven't I just like to think I am a canny shopper......its just storage can get a bit of a problem
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Agreed. I have lists as to what is stashed where. Wardrobes, attics, cupboards, storage boxes. I swear someday I’ll lose lists and not have a clue. I’ll clme across things years later or a clear out and kick myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport