Can you use multiple £x off £y coupons at Sainsburys?

Options
Hi, I've ended up with up three £3 off a £20 spend, and one £6 off a £40 Sainsburys shop. I'm presuming you can only use one per transaction, but does anybody know for sure?

Thanks

Pete

Comments

• CarolTheExtra
    Options
    4 weeks running have used a £3 off £20 and £6 off £40 together without a problem. The first week I thought can't lose anything by giving it a try (after all they gave them to me). This week was one of those shopping trips I would rather forget because the till woman made such a big thing of it and tried to call me a liar when I said they had been accepted before and she called someone over and they agreed with her.
  • CarolTheExtra
    Options
    Sorry Pete, I really must wake up. So focused on Tescos these days only just realised you asked the question for Sainsburys. Hope someone else can answer your question properly. So sorry.
    Do shop in Sainsburys also so will be very interesting to see what other people say.
  • PeteW
    PeteW Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 May 2012 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Well the self-scan till wouldn't take more than one but the assistant said it was fine and did them all manually for me. So I'm still not sure who was right - her or the till!
  • Queenriderbrekke
    Queenriderbrekke Posts: 5,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    By my understanding if your total spend was over £60 they would take both, but always worth trying if you spend less.
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They won't accept more than one on the self service tills.
  • PeteW
    PeteW Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My total spend was about £32, and the woman was happy to process three £3 vouchers.
  • thatguy1
    thatguy1 Posts: 5,363 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My motto is if it scans, the customer can use it! unless the computer says no
  • Brit-Wifey
    Brit-Wifey Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I had to break my monthly shop down yesterday into 3 transactions to use 2 Brand Match coupons. According to the CS person you can only use one brandmatch coupon per transaction. As far as manufacturers coupons I was able to use 1 per item even on BOGOF items....so for the BOGOF offers I used 2 coupons. They were ok with that....
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film! :p[/FONT]
  • thatguy1
    thatguy1 Posts: 5,363 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Brit-Wifey wrote: »
    I had to break my monthly shop down yesterday into 3 transactions to use 2 Brand Match coupons. According to the CS person you can only use one brandmatch coupon per transaction. As far as manufacturers coupons I was able to use 1 per item even on BOGOF items....so for the BOGOF offers I used 2 coupons. They were ok with that....

You can use as many brand match coupons as you want as long as the amounts aren't the same.

I.e you can't you 2x£1.00 coupons, but you could use 1x£1.00 & 1x£1.10.
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    Brit-Wifey wrote: »

My Sainsods now refuse to take a coupon on anything that is on offer! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport