E5P code MSEPROMO - order failure, anyone else too?

Options
I used the MSEPROMO code that was promoted last week to make an order. Order was confirmed, payment was taken, then nothing arrived for a week. Contacted their customer service, who denied any knowlege of the order despite being provided with the order number, plus proof of payment. They are now offering me a refund (yet to arrive) but no explanation for the vanished order. Did anyone else experience this? I wonder if the promo was such a good deal that they simply chose not to honour it?
(Full customer service exchange is below - NOT impressed!)

Subject: Order Number xxx
This order was made 25th Sept, and payment was taken this day. I did not, however, receive a confirmation email, nor have I subsequently received a tracking number (junk email has been checked). Please confirm order has been shipped.
--
[FONT=&quot]Thank you kindly for contacting us.

We are pleased to inform you that according to our payment protection provider and order system, we have no record of this transaction taking place on our side under the email address xxx.

Whilst the bank may have authorised the transaction to proceed, due to a technical problem you experienced whilst attempting the transaction, the order was never acknowledged on our behalf.

Please be informed that your bank will most likely resolve this issue automatically and credit your account. Depending on the bank, this may take anything from a few hours up to 7 working days.

Please contact us for any further enquiries.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards,
Customer Service
Everything5pounds.com
+44 (0) 208 997 3331[/FONT]

--
[FONT=&quot]I think your response is incorrect. After making this order, I received a confirmation screen, stating the following (I took a screengrab), so you definitely DID confirm the order:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your order was successful! Thank you for shopping with us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A copy of your order details has been sent to xxx[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Order Number is xxx[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Placed on 9/25/19 8:39 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Furthermore, my account was charged immediately: I can send you a screengrab confirming this was well, if required. No refund has been made in the past 7 days.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I do still require the order, so please go ahead and ship it immediately.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]--[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your enquiry.

We weren't able to locate any orders under the email address xxx
Could you kindly supply us with the reference number provided in your order confirmation email or in your account's order history?

We look forward to hearing from you.[/FONT]
Customer Service
Everything5pounds.com

[FONT=&quot]--[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The order reference number is xxx. As per my previous email, this was on the confirmation screen (text as pasted below). I did not, however, receive the email that was promised on this confirmation screen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your order was successful! Thank you for shopping with us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A copy of your order details has been sent to xxx[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Order Number is xxx[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Placed on 9/25/19 8:39 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]--[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are sorry to hear that you have experienced a technical issue with our website.

Please rest assured that with our website, all payments made via debit/credit card will be authorised via our payment protection provider to protect you, our valuable customer.

Please provide us with the following information which may help us locate your payment:

- Full name of Cardholder:
- Date and Time of Purchase:
- Billing Address:
- Shipping Address Postcode:
- Email used for placing the order:
- Last 4 digits on the front of the card:
- 16-32 Alphanumeric Transaction ID as it appears on your statement:

Most likely, the bank will be holding on to your funds and should credit your account within 5-7 working days once the issue has been resolved on their side.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Please contact us should you have any further enquiries[/FONT]
Customer Service
Everything5pounds.com

[FONT=&quot]--[/FONT]

Information as requested below. Please note that ideally, I do not want a refund: I want the order to go ahead!
--

Your order has been cancelled and your money has been refunded.

Please allow up to 5 working days for all refunds to be processed and a further 2-3 days for the transaction to appear in the account for the method of payment.

Please contact us should you have any further queries.[/FONT]
Customer Service
Everything5pounds.com

[FONT=&quot]--[/FONT]
As stated in multiple emails during this exchange, this was NOT what I wanted! I wanted the order to go ahead, and I have been provided with absolutely no explanation as to why it did not! Please explain - and if possible, make the order again.
--

Please be advised that you can either create a full account or a guest account with us and login. Fill in all the necessary details once you click login.

Select the items you wish to purchase by selecting the colour you wish to purchase, followed by the size, if applicable. These items will appear in your basket in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

When you have finished click checkout in the pink box in the top right corner and continue to proceed with your order.

Please fill in all the necessary payment details by using any major credit/debit details or PayPal account as well as a valid shipping address.

You will receive an order confirmation to your email.[/FONT]
Customer Service
Everything5pounds.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts