Fake Haircare Products

Options
Hi all,

I ordered a shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment from Amazon. The claims were that they were genuine products from a professional salon brand but were not.

Due to the products being fake, i have suffered with a severe allergic reaction and psoriasis. I have photograhic evidence apong with medical records for this.

I inderstand thst i can claim a refund under the the cusomer act and will of course be reporting this to trading standards.

Is there anything else you would suggest i do, could claim etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Ohthatglow
    Options
    No doubt, buying hair products online it's a very difficult day by day. Due to fake products available in the market. You have no idea these products damaged your hair badly. Therefore, aware of buying these types of products. If you buying a product from an online website then firstly check the ingredients of product and customer review regarding that products after that we will take the decision for buying that product.
  • JennyMan
    Options
    Do you use silver/purple shampoo? I use one from Boots called Pro:Voke and sometimes those Wella Toners & Shaders sachets and get some info about how to use best hair toners after bleaching but my hair is only light blonde, not platinum. It does stop any brassiness though. BTW, I'd avoid that Lee Stafford stuff, it gave my hair a distinctly purple tinge, to the point where people at work were asking, with a really puzzled look on their face, just what I'd done to my hair.

Also, just as a bit of a disclaimer, I'm not a hairdresser and I'm just saying what works for me or what I've heard works well.
  • JennyMan
    Options
    Due to fake products available in the market. You have no idea these products damaged your hair too badly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure