At last. I've been wondering when I can get rid of my PlayStation box and just get a controller and

Options
At last. I've been wondering when I can get rid of my PlayStation box and just get a controller and play exclusively on the cloud, and this looks like it.

Mirror Online: Google gaming controller revealed in patent ahead of 'Yeti' console launch.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/google-gaming-controller-revealed-patent-14118560
If I ruled the world.......

Comments

• ChrisK....._3
    Options
    Just hope my internet connection is up to the job
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I suppose it all comes down to the software support.

And, to me, it's not looking like true remote play, the cloud part seems to refer to only buying/renting games from the cloud store, i.e. no physical media.

And if you want that, then wait until Sony announce their last revision for the PS4 which is expected to be a compact system with no optical drive, as a test of the market acceptance to make a final decision on the media delivery options for the PS5 (similar items thought to be coming from XBOX branding too - the XBOX ONE S ALL DIGITAL - or XBOX SAD ought to be announced soon).
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • ChrisK....._3
    Options
    It say they are not sure whether you'll need a console or just the controller and it's the latter in hoping for. No box, no updates, no disks, no losing game saves, no blanks screens, just play
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No box, no updates, no disks, no losing game saves, no blanks screens

No smooth gameplay without heavy compression ;)

Internet connections may be really good in some places, but there are still many other places (including areas of the UK) where the internet just isn't. I definitely wont be able to stream 4k 60fps or 1440p 144fps smoothly using my internet connection.

I remember using 'Onlive' years back and that had such harsh compression. Granted, internet speeds have improved since then.

Game streaming is a cool thing, but I doubt it will take over using local devices for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure