Radio 4 tonight - Debt killed my Dad

Options

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 September 2018 at 7:17AM
    Options
    That’s horrendous, it just shows the importance of getting the right help as soon as possible, the council involved should hang there head in shame, terrible story.

Why was he was left with all the fees to pay after his bankruptcy ?

Was it because the council petitioned for it rather than him declaring it ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • anna_1977
    Options
    I read that yesterday - it's awful, I can't believe the council's attitude at the time!
  • chrissie57
    chrissie57 Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    sourcrates wrote: »
    That’s horrendous, it just shows the importance of getting the right help as soon as possible, the council involved should hang there head in shame, terrible story.

Why was he was left with all the fees to pay after his bankruptcy ?

Was it because the council petitioned for it rather than him declaring it ?

Are you going to post a video of your happy dance at the thought of a bailiff being made to discover a body?
    "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
    A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)
  • AnnieG
    AnnieG Posts: 877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's just awful, I read it yesterday on the BBC website and have been thinking about it ever since. Heartbreaking
    Say what you mean.. mean what you say... without being mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure