Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• Hillbilly1
    Hillbilly1 Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 October 2015 at 2:16PM
    Options
    I think to help properly you need to post a SOA. My concern if you are in debt on that salary and then have money in the bank you won't change your spending pattern and will use up your savings.

Secondly look at the thread on the house buying section. It's about being pensioned off and trying to buy a house for £90k. The person has given ideas about her I likes and needs that might help you think about what you want out of life. It's also showing what areas you can buy a house for that price and which are nice or not. Food for thought.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5339235&highlight=pensioned+off

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    NOT a NEWBIE!

Was Greenmoneysaver. . .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Tbh , I don't want to do a soa. I have been doing everything right , except for the funeral etc.
    I am much more disciplined now .
    I wouldn't move up north on my own tho';)
    The reason I chose Poole is I'm familiar with it .
    I don't want another job , as I get up at 5 and get home around 7 . Commuting etc. also. , I'm recovering from myasthenia Gravis .
    I have hit rock bottom
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Btw ; my hobby is music , and I play bass guitar . Have been in a few covers bands ;)
  • rockm87
    rockm87 Posts: 847 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    To be honest If you've been fine, you wouldnt' be in years of hell, and it would take more than one bad event to upheave you completely.

You would have savings to fall back on rather than an overdraft, and you'd have more options available to you
    Total Debt in Feb 2015 - £6,052 | DEBT FREE 26/05/2017
    Swagbucks £200 Valued Opinions £100
    Dave Ramsey Baby Step 2 | Mr Money Mustache Addict
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Yes, you're right . Things have to change for the better, now I'm at rock bottom .
  • rockm87
    rockm87 Posts: 847 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Could you rent out your car park space during the day when you are at work? There are websites where people can 'book' your space for the hours you allocate, I dont know how much it pays, but may be worth a look.
    Total Debt in Feb 2015 - £6,052 | DEBT FREE 26/05/2017
    Swagbucks £200 Valued Opinions £100
    Dave Ramsey Baby Step 2 | Mr Money Mustache Addict
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Believe it or not, I have already advertised on 2 websites , and nobody wants it . I even got a pole fitted. I don't drive, and was looking at long term . Only consolation is , I get to keep arrogant !!!!!!!!!!s out of the space ;)
    I don't know why the exclamation marks?? I never swore .
  • LJB290
    LJB290 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Apply to agencies for full time work and see what comes up.
    Your salary, bearing in mind you working London and are up at 5 and don't get home until 7 is surprisingly low.
    It can't hurt to get some appointments with agencies to see what they can help you with.

What is the draw to Poole? Just familiarity?
    I would imagine work would be harder to come by in Poole (without your own car) and a lot of work may be seasonal (but that is a guess). At least London is very easy to commute and you don't need your own car.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2015 at 7:09PM
    Options
    Hi. I know you said you don't want to move up north, but you could get a house for £100 grand, no mortgage, and cash to spare to travel and give yourself some breathing space. I live in a village in North Lincolnshire, my house is paid for by myself, I live on a pension, and life couldn't be better. Think of your life as a book, one chapter closes and another opens. How much longer are you going to slog away at a job you don't want to do, and live where you don't want to be. You would make new friends, and be part of the community if you moved somewhere else.

I used to have a friend in Twickenham, visited her a few times, I would not live within a fifty mile radius of London, in fact the further away the better.
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Believe it or not , the salary for my type of job is good.
    I'm still recovering from myasthenia , so don't want to jump ship until I'm fully fit .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure