Road Trip

Options
CEON44
CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
OK, so Im thinking of doing a road trip round Scotland in September. Just myself and my wife in the car. Both early sixties from Northern Ireland. Hoping to spend about 10 days and at this point have no idea where to go after I get off the ferry at Cairnryan. I dont mind spending just a day in one place then move on but also happy to spend a few days if the place is nice with things to do. Probably will just use B&B's, with maybe the odd night of luxury thrown in with a decent hotel. Dont really want to be tied too much to an itinery so happy to book as I go along. So, where do i go? Are there any pre-planned routes out there? Any links? I would like to cover all the highlands, some of the islands like Skye and even pop into the big cities as well.
I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p

Comments

• IssaGame123
    IssaGame123 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    100% you must road trip the north coast 500! It's something I've wanted to do for a long long time but don't have the funds for it yet. It's a road trip that you must plan carefully because there has been quite a few accidents because of narrow and single track roads etc... If your planning to do other stuff in Scotland you don't have to cover the full 500 miles you can still have an amazing experience doing half the trip. It's also been heavily marketed over the last few years so there is plenty of information online for you.

Check out the website posted by "mrs T" and you'll find all the information you need on what to do & what not to do. I recommend checking some YouTube videos of the scenic views and the must see historic attractions! You'll see other people who have done the northcoast 500 have uploaded their road trip journeys.
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you. The North coast 500 seems to be exactly what Im looking for. Could just cover it over 10 days x 50 miles per day at leisure.
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport