Small condenser dryer

Options
I have a space of 55cm max in my kitchen for a dryer. Have no space for anything else or one that is vented. Everything i have seen is vented or too wide.

I am going out of my mind trying to find something suitable, especially being as it's constantly raining at the mo and i have washing everywhere. I have an airer, but hanging things on doors or radiators isnt an option as we have five cats and a child that likes to touch everything.

Can anybody please help?
GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
Forever learning the art of frugality

Comments

• Poppy1984
    Options
    Hi you might struggle for that size, I found this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beko-DC7112W-Freestanding-Condenser-Tumble/dp/B012GV5T9C?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_5

but not sure if your measurement of 55cm is width or depth.
    I'm currently looking to buy a new tumble drier mine broke a few months ago and like you say drying in this weather is a nightmare. Good luck!
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    17-12-21 I'm Debt Free 🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Poppy1984 wrote: »
    Hi you might struggle for that size, I found this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beko-DC7112W-Freestanding-Condenser-Tumble/dp/B012GV5T9C?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_5

but not sure if your measurement of 55cm is width or depth.
    I'm currently looking to buy a new tumble drier mine broke a few months ago and like you say drying in this weather is a nightmare. Good luck!

The measurement was width and that's a minimum with 5cm leeway either side. I'm worried it still mightn't fit if I go for 55cm, but obviously a tiny machine won't hold a big condenser 🙄.
    I looked at the Beko one earlier too. I think i need to do more extensive research, but it is a nightmare as theres just nothing suitable. Don't want to fork out for something I don't really want and then be stuck with the vented type . There's nowhere to hang the hose or room for a box for the hose :(.
    Good luck too.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 September 2019 at 10:12AM
    Options
    Is 55cm depth or width?

Condenser Tumble Dryer usually with standard width of 60cm
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Cisco001 wrote: »
    Is 55cm depth or width?

Condenser Tumble Dryer usually with standard width of 60cm
    its the width. Unfortunately the space were a dryer can go is too small. Alternatively, I could get a washer dryer, which would only just fit on the opposite with mms to spare either side of it
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    its the width. Unfortunately the space were a dryer can go is too small. Alternatively, I could get a washer dryer, which would only just fit on the opposite with mms to spare either side of it

Heated airer could be an option.
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Cisco001 wrote: »
    Heated airer could be an option.

I already have an airer, so i've opted for a washer dryer in place of my current washer which is about 6-7 years old and tempremental. Hopefully, this will solve the issue for now.

Thanks Cisco.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport