1p finds at Tesco thread

Options

Comments

• defairmans
    defairmans Posts: 962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems like some newbies trying to 1p items don't quite understand how it works. IMHO, I don't think 1p items should be put in the newsletter. There has been an influx of new posters coming to this thread and talking about querying the price with Ts. I can see the them getting fed up and making sure this doesn't happen anymore. Good advice from the poster above. I can't believe a poster a few posts back showed the MSE website. They must have come across the only polite T in the country!
  • Former_MSE_Darryl
    Options
    "One MoneySavingExpert.com user took advantage of a deal in our weekly email to save big on sweets..."
    Read the full story:

Sweet-toothed MoneySaver scoops 200 chocolate bars for £2 at Tesco

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • rebeccaj
    rebeccaj Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    that's just out and out greed and TBH I don't think MSE is doing itself any favours by boasting about this and condoning such greedy behaviour.

Shoot me down in flames if you like but that is just my opinion.
  • dougs
    dougs Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    thoroughly agree with rebeccaj on this. MoneySavingExpert, yes, but this is just a display by a greedy grabbing look out only for number 1, never mind anyone else individual and not what I thought this site was about. :(

By applauding and publicising this type of behaviour you are condoning it and thereby cheapening what your site is about. A very sad day.
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :eek: nobody needs that much chocolate. Pure greed. How many other people has he/she deprived of getting a bargain by doing this. Unbelievable :mad:
  • madmuppet5
    madmuppet5 Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Options
    Flyingflea has already stated that they have given most of it away.
    I think some people are seeing the old Green Eyed Monster.
    AKA; Mad, MM, MM5, Madicles :cool: ©
    Shin: Device for finding furniture in the dark :p©
    Elite 11+ fundraising total for Make-a-Wish £682 :j:A
  • ChrisEvanson
    Options
    They say they have given it away, I hope they have. I know of another person on MSE who claims they have disabling illnesses and car boot it to make a living. Personally I got 4 boxes of black magic and gave 3 to a lady who helps with an oap group charity, and one the OH took to work. I wanted more to give to her an have been looking but failed. I wouldn't have the nerve to take more than half a dozen.

So yes I'm a little jealous of the person that got so many but at the end of the day it's first come first served. It's more those making a scene about it that concern me. I feel anyone quietly buying 100 through self scan on several shops is less damaging to the persuit of glitches than those buying 2 asking for a price check and/or insisting on a price match to an MSE list. Just my opinion.
    If I had a pound for every pound I'd lost, I'd be confused
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    I hope flyingflea was kind and gave most of it away as otherwise that's a few stones there ;)
  • rebeccaj
    rebeccaj Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    madmuppet5 wrote: »

There is absolutely no jealousy involved whatsoever, I don't even eat chocolate. I am just horrified at a display of such greed.

What I also find distasteful is MSE condoning such avarice by publicising it in this manner and, no matter how much the greedy person tries to justify their actions to themself or the wider audience by saying they are giving it away, it is still avarice.

Avarice : noun : insatiable or extreme greed, inordinate, miserly desire to gain.

Greed: noun : excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs.
  • bodacious
    bodacious Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    madmuppet5 wrote: »
    Flyingflea has already stated that they have given most of it away.

rebeccaj has a point and I agree with her.

In fact look how many people have thanked her post (so obviously agree too) and how many have thanked yours (zero)

It's one of the seven deadly sins is greed. Further down the road people who display such a trait may regret doing so as what goes around often comes around.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure