Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Options
    If I lost my bullet point journals that would be the end......I just would not have a clue, people would be getting an interesting selection:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:from things I could find!:rotfl:
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am quite good at remembering the main gifts I have bought people, but not so much the little ones. When I cleared out my gift box before Xmas, I found lots of little bits and pieces I had forgotten about.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    oh crumbs Chanie that is me/would be me. Having a rearrange after Christmas I came across 2 presents which after closer inspection I realised they were for DD. This is when I could have done with my list on Christmas day!!!!!
    DD was very happy as it meant two extra presents to open after Christmas but I felt like abit of a muppet. The little ones get me every time......it was the same with DD birthday presents, hunting around with list in hand looking for the little bits of expensive make up
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm most impressed by all the hidden stashes of gifts, I've got a 3 bedroom house yet have nowhere to hide anything even though the boys have left home lol

I managed to finish the 'open when' Valentine's present for my friend and made 7 hand made cards and wrote funny anecdotes. In one card I mentioned her lucky streak with raffles, fruit machines etc and put in a gold snack bar and scratch card - she scratched it yesterday and won £5 !!

We had a brilliant day out even though there was a problem with the buses and we had to get a taxi first to the first stop, and it was horrendous weather, my umbrella broke etc

I've got a thing about pirate history and we went to 3 pirate pubs, lunch in the first then hot drinks in the other 2.

Special occasions - I'm hoping to enter a cake contest that ends 11th March, I don't know if any of you are a member of Lets bake? You submit a photo and recipe and there are daily prize draws to win some good things. I don't know if I'll get the time as I'm really far behind with all my to do list because of helping mum out with paperwork, I've got lots to do this weekend. Dad is back home now.

There's also dad's birthday and Mother's Day coming up. Some years ago friend and I were going to set up a baking business and were trying out recipes on my craft club, everyone seemed to like what we made and even now I get people asking me to bring things in, but so many obstacles have come up - friend's health, horrendous problems with her new flat, dad's health and even entering the online contest seems to be ill fated so I don't know if it's ever meant to be or maybe the timing has just been wrong.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    I couldn't help it........a couple more presents bought for 2019. Was really lucky to stumble on a couple of items in stock in Arg@s clearance and when a train set is down from 25.99 to 6.99 and is a perfect present for my cousin's little boy I just couldn't resist. Plus I had vouchers towards it. Also picked up some children's 'frozen' slippers down to 1.99 the last pair. I really have been lucky this year but DD cat is really eyeing me up suspiciously, if I find a spare bit of space in DD room it's mine!!

Still going with my clearoutfest. Have decided to make it one of my aims this year. It's slow going but I am plodding on with it, continuing to ebay some items although I hate the packaging bit up after.
    Have also set a target to save to go to New York for 5 days before Christmas or just after Christmas 2019 (whichever works out the cheapest). Went years ago for a friend's birthday and had a ball, would love to take DD. Won't be able to travel anywhere this Christmas so have done so pricing up so I know the savings target I am aiming for.

Anglea the pirate history sounds really interesting. Is it a hobby or just something that u are interested in that u like to investigate further? I love unusual things like that.

Easter eggs all bought. Only ate a couple, set myself a strict budget and have made use of any special offers. They have now been hidden from me by me but if they are out of sight, there is far less chance of me eating them.
    Still have to work on mother's day. I think when i get chance I will take a trip to the local garden centre next week to look for any ideas for my mum's garden

Thats about it from me for now, hope everyone is moving forward with their prep
  • Anglea
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Happy Kitties, what a idea to use a wonderful trip to New York as a focus for your savings and to take DD as well.

Your mention about chocolate eggs is reminding me that it's not that far away and I've also got Mother's Day and Dad's Name day which he celebrates instead of birthday and Spring Equinox shortly before, friend and I tend to do special meals for various seasonal events throughout the year.

As Easter lands on April Fool's day I wonder how many people will pretend to have forgotten eggs for their family?
  • Anglea
    Options
    Happy Kitties, I forgot to answer your question about Pirate history in my other post, I've always had a big interest in history in general but after my parents took me to The Mermaid Inn in Rye after reading about it in a children's book series (The Lone Pine Club) I have always had a thing about old worlde pubs.

Last week I went to Bristol to the pubs which are supposed to have inspired the book Treasure Island and it was also the home of many famous pirates. I know a lot of people are put off Bristol because of the slavery background, I don't dwell on that as atrocities happen all over the world in all manner of circumstances. Especially in different historical eras where certain things were thought of as the norm.
  • chanie
    Options
    angela that!!!8217;s a good point about Easter and April fools day.

Happy kitties New York sounds fab

I bought a few prezzies on Friday both in store and on line.
    Tubs of slime, a joke book and gelli bath (turns the bath water to jelly) as stocking fillers. Am really pleased with the gelli bath as it!!!8217;s something I wanted to get and I found it half price.

I also ordered some storage tins for the children which I!!!8217;ll fill with toys and sweets for under the tree.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Chanie it's presents like the gelli bath that are brilliant presents,u know will go down well but u've managed to pick up half price that always give me the real satisfaction and pleasure in shopping early.Ur doing really well, at this rate we will all be prepared and ready by October, my downfall will be the wrapping bit for sure

With New York, because of surgery this year that will knock me out of action for 4-6 months I really wanted something to look forward to and save towards. After some costing investigations I think I should be able to do it if I get my head down with doing some saving.

Anglea I'm always interested in what triggers a person's interest/hobbies. When I was leaving 6th form back in the day my friends suggested for a laugh that we went on a haunted pub tour in Chester. I loved it. Although I'm rubbish at remembering history facts, the history information behind the pubs was really really good.
  • chanie
    Options
    I ordered two keepsake tins for the children which I picked up today. I haventt had a chance to look at them properly yet as I had the children with me (school had been shut for the past 3 days due to 2 inches of snow!).

Im currently in IKEA, having dumped the children in the IKEA crèche. I think I will have a quick look for some gifts whilst Im here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure