Professional Career Development Loan closing

Options
BFem
BFem Posts: 142 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hello everyone,

I have noticed on the .gov website that Professional and Career Development Loans are closing in January 2019.

'The Professional and Career Development Loan scheme is closing. You must apply by 25 January 2019. This will not affect your existing loan'.

I cannot find any information (anywhere!) about whether there is going to be a replacement and what that might look like. Does anyone have any information on this?

I am due to start studying in October or January but if the replacement is a better deal longer term I would rather put off my studying.
'It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection' Elizabeth Gilbert.

:j

Comments

• rcwillis
    Options
    Hi there, I would really like to know the answer to this! This loan has been a lifesaver for people I know. any news on them replacing it with something?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They've already replaced it with postgraduate and doctoral loans
  • Jjkerley
    Options
    Do you know if they've replaced it with any loans that someone can get that's already got one masters? The postgraduate one is for people that don't already have a MSc.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jjkerley wrote: »
    Do you know if they've replaced it with any loans that someone can get that's already got one masters? The postgraduate one is for people that don't already have a MSc.

No, you can only have one masters loan but can then get a doctorate loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure