Xbox Live Code

Options
Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place but I couldn't find anywhere else.

I purchased xbox live for my son as a Christmas present. Bought one of the cards from Tesco.

So he put the code in and everything seemed ok and chucked the card in the bin.

Last week his subscription ran out. He contacted Microsoft and they said they have no record of him entering a code.

I emailled Tesco for proof of purchase, which they sent me on a pdf. Brilliant

I contacted Microsoft and explained for over 2 hours what had happened, sent them the proof of purchase and they said sorry, can't help you.:mad:

They can see he hasn't redeemed the code, I proved that I purchased the code. What else can I do?

Is that my £39.99 down the toilet?

Any sensible advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ade

Comments

• SuperPikachu
    Options
    Did you have the 12month code aswell as a 1month free one or something? Cause maybe only 1 code was activated (both would have had different codes) and you unfortunately threw the unused one away (?)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 January 2019 at 1:11PM
    Options
    Did you have the 12month code aswell as a 1month free one or something? Cause maybe only 1 code was activated (both would have had different codes) and you unfortunately threw the unused one away (?)

Yes this is what I'm thinking has happened which is a shame as its money down the pan.

Only really useful for future purchases there are cheaper places than Tesco for this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure