Bru orders

Options
It looks certain I am going to be giving a bru after my last meeting 2-5 years, I have looked up on the what the extra restrictions are, what I cannot see is if I plan to leave the uk does the order remain the same so outside uk if I apply for credit over 500 I still have to inform them about my uk order?

Also I read that the order if from the date you accept, so if accept 3 years now it would finish 3 years today not tagged on to the end of my bankruptcy

thanks
May 2009 Debt-Free Wannabe

Mortgage £128,170.66
DEBT1 [strike]£23,711[/strike]-[STRIKE]£15,711[/STRIKE] £5500

Comments

• Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's tagged on to the end of your bankruptcy, not from the date you sign it.

Theoretically you should inform future potential creditors of your BRU but I can't imagine anyone actually does.
  • terrence45
    Options
    I'd say it's the same as 'normal' bankrupts - the £500 thing is universal. Of course, if you're in Azerbaijan and get credit for the equivalent of £501 I think there's pretty much a zero chance of that news ever making its way to the UK insolvency service...
  • baggies666
    Options
    Thanks cross reading for some reason I thought started when signed
    May 2009 Debt-Free Wannabe

Mortgage £128,170.66
    DEBT1 [strike]£23,711[/strike]-[STRIKE]£15,711[/STRIKE] £5500
  • xFlake
    xFlake Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    baggies666 wrote: »
    Thanks cross reading for some reason I thought started when signed

Hello. They apply once signed by both yourself and the Secretary of State. See the below link;

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/insolvencyprofessionandlegislation/dearip/dearipmill/chapter9.htm

"A BRU is made in writing between the bankrupt and the Secretary of State and takes effect when signed by both parties, with a copy being sent to the bankrupt and the court. "
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure