Need to Boost My Income By £500 Per Month

Options
Hi all,

So I need to boost my monthly income by a good £500 per month. This is to cover basic outgoings and debts. Here is my list so far. Please do not judge me for the below. Constructive feedback only please;

Overtime at work- this is not garaunteed but is paid at time and half. If i work 2 extra hours a day for a month i get just over £500 for the month before tax. This will be good in the lead up to christmas but afterwards work will die down again so nothing coming in.

Camming- I know others have done this and I looked very hard into this route. I know its a big decision and I understand the consequences of this line of work. I have decided if i do this work what i will do etc. Pros are i can do really well, work on my own terms and this can be continuous unlike the overtime above.

Additional work- as it coming up to christmas this may be easy to come by. Pay will be low though meaning i may not be making what i need. It could also mean i end up working 7 days a week.

Blogging/vlogging- i am a big skin geek so i could tap into this but i imagine this to be a long burn so would take a while to get going and seeing income. In fairness i need to do my research further. My other passion is sewing but i have been away from it for a long time so really need to get back onto the swing of it before i start this.

The body shop at home- looks promising but there is already a body shop where i live so i dont see why people would order from me. Ann summers i am not keen on- have been to thier parties and didnt like them plus there is one of those too where i live and avon i wont touch as they test on animals.

Any other thoughts or ideas are very welcome.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A few left field suggestions.

1. Find a better paying job

2. Can you cut down on your outgoings, either in short or long term?

3. Can you extend the time required to pay off your debts?

4. A second job which is not seasonal dependent, e.g. regular bar/restaurant work.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • AstroTurtle
    Options
    In regards to your "camming" if im assuming correctly you will struggle to make £500 Per month, After website deductions & Declaring it as taxable income for a long time. You'd need to build up a following and spend a hell of a lot more time than 2 hours per day to drum that up as a decent sideline business.

Stick to the overtime as it's more guranteed than the other options.
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • shocker1616
    Options
    What about having a lodger in a spare room? I did this for years, £500 each month, need to find the right tenant but never really had a problem
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    What can you sell to cut down your debts? Sell everything you don't need or don't use. Be ruthless. It would be far more sustainable to cut down your outgoings than try to raise more cash, for which you will be taxed etc and you run the risk of wearing yourself out, getting ill and so on. Try switching your bank account too, you can earn hundreds by switching. See Martin's guide.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• cryptomagic
    Options
    Did you think about using upwork for boosting your income?
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Is "camming" what I think it is??
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just made £35 in a few days with matched betting. There is a special forum for it on MSE but it's not for beginners. I got lucky. I made a mistake the first time I placed the bets but luckily it went my way or I could have lost money. If you join something like Oddsmonkey and follow their tutorials to the letter you can make a great deal of money from this. I decided that as an OAP who has just been widowed it's too much for me at the moment and I could make expensive mistakes. other people are saying they can make a few hundred every month. I may go back to it in the future if my other income ideas come to nothing and my head is in a better place. I currently make an extra £100 or so every month from my website and from completing online surveys.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Is "camming" what I think it is??

If by that you mean stripping naked and performing sex acts on yourself whilst an anonymous stranger watches, then yes.

It's a living. Or at least a contribution towards one.
  • MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    If by that you mean stripping naked and performing sex acts on yourself whilst an anonymous stranger watches, then yes.

It's a living. Or at least a contribution towards one.

I think that's probably an over-simplified explanation. Obviously it's not for most people, but I get the impression that there are plenty of audiences who aren't looking for hardcore content, but surprisingly tame stuff... First example that springs to mind is ASMR channels on YouTube. There's definitely a cline between your bog standard YouTube vlogger and a hardcore pr0n cammer, each to their own.

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    MissPop wrote: »
    I think that's probably an over-simplified explanation. Obviously it's not for most people, but I get the impression that there are plenty of audiences who aren't looking for hardcore content, but surprisingly tame stuff... First example that springs to mind is ASMR channels on YouTube. There's definitely a cline between your bog standard YouTube vlogger and a hardcore pr0n cammer, each to their own.

I bow to your superior knowledge.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport