DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

Options

Comments

• make_the_change
    Options
    Thanks all.

Also, has anyone got a link for a template letter to complain about a default not registered on the account. Been paying for nearly a year a payment plan and was issued with default notices but no default registered and only markers on credit file. Want to complain to them as they don’t seem to be dealing with it. Thanks
    DMP Started June 2016
  • make_the_change
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a good day:beer:. Lovely sunshine here for a change and the wild wind is no more than a gentle breeze. Maybe the summer isn't quite over yet after all:j

I've just had a letter re: my Tesco credit card account. It's been administered by Robinson Way for ages but was sold on by Tesco originally to Hoist Portfolio Holding Ltd (HPH0. Now it seems it's been sold on again to another branch of Hoist, this time Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Ltd (HFUKH2L).

I know some debts get sold on several times but I can't understand why Hoist have sold it to another company under their umbrella. I assume '' has assigned all of its respective rights, interest, benefit and entitlement'' means that it has been sold on.

Does anyone have any experience of negotiating F&Fs with Hoist please? The time might be ripe to have a punt;)

This is quite strange actually as I have a debt that was sold to Hoist Portfolio, managed by Robinson Way and all of a sudden the debt has disappeared off my credit file. I wonder if the same has happened to me although I have had no communication from them as of yet.

I have just submitted an F&F to Robinson Way, so awaiting their reply.

Will keep an eye on any replies to your query! x
    DMP Started June 2016
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 27 September 2018 at 5:39AM
    Options
    This is quite strange actually as I have a debt that was sold to Hoist Portfolio, managed by Robinson Way and all of a sudden the debt has disappeared off my credit file. I wonder if the same has happened to me although I have had no communication from them as of yet.

I have just submitted an F&F to Robinson Way, so awaiting their reply.

Will keep an eye on any replies to your query! x

Thanks, that's really interesting:T

Good luck with your F&F:beer:. Please keep us posted on how you get on with it.

Edit: Sorry, can't help with your previous query about getting a default registered. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will come along soon with advice for you.
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 September 2018 at 3:55PM
    Options
    Thanks all.

Also, has anyone got a link for a template letter to complain about a default not registered on the account. Been paying for nearly a year a payment plan and was issued with default notices but no default registered and only markers on credit file. Want to complain to them as they don’t seem to be dealing with it. Thanks

I don't think there is a template letter for this. However, when you write to your creditor you should point out that they are penalising you by not defaulting your debt promptly. Had you been irresponsible and not been dealing with your debts and communicated with them about your DMP they would have defaulted the account within 3 to 6 months. Therefore the default would have been on your credit file for up to 6.5 years from date you started your DMP journey.

However, because you are being responsible and trying to deal with your debts they are penalising you by not appropriately defaulting the account in a timely manner. Hence your credit file will report poor credit markers for much longer than 6.5 years.

This is unfair and gives irresponsible people who avoid their debts the opportunity to have poor marks on their credit files cleared far quicker than those who take responsbility for their debts.

That is the argument you need to make - and point out you want the default back dated to the beginning of your DMP.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,948 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks all.

Just write a letter describing your concerns, you don’t need a template letter, just tell them your issues, make it a formal written complaint and they then have 8 weeks to provide you with a final response.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Walker42
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have a coop essentials account where the bulk of the money is and an ISA with the coop which doesnt have much in it.

I have heard that some companies will paste my signature into their own CCA. So I will be sending the £1 by postal order but am a bit worried that they may have my signature from the agreement I signed with DMP.

I guess I could credit check myself to see what it shows

Thanks again for the info
  • Rogue6
    Rogue6 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 27 September 2018 at 2:53PM
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have entered in to a DMP recently and I am currently in between bank accounts as one of my creditors is my old bank account (which I owe an overdraft amount to).

My pay day is tomorrow, and my living wage is going to be paid in to my existing overdrafted account as I couldn't change my pay information before the cut off date. Since setting up my DMP, I can no longer withdraw funds from this account (I accidentally transferred money from my PayPal in to the account yesterday, but now I can't withdraw it?). As the account isn't closed, but is no longer accepting debits/withdrawals, only inbound payments, I am massively worried that the money being paid in by my employer, is going to be eaten up by my overdraft, rather than transferred to my new current account, this means I will miss all of my direct debits for this month, including Mortgage, Utilities, Food, etc and I'll have £0 to live off for the entire month, ultimately making my situation even worse.

I have switched current accounts using the current account switch guarantee and I'm told my overdraft won't be carried over to my new account, but as my overdraft has eaten the PayPal money, I assume it'll do the same for my wage? My account is going to be switched on the 2nd October, do you think the PayPal money/wage payment will be transferred automatically? I imagine Barclays will accept them as payments towards the overdraft, despite my DMP being active?

I have spoken to StepChange and they advised to speak to my bank in branch tomorrow to have them release the funds as it's my living wage which I rely on to pay my priority bills (could I get them to release the PayPal payment too?)

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before and may be able to advise?

Thank you,

- Rogue6
  • manue1970
    Options
    Hello All

I am contacting you for some help.
    I have debts up to 27k which are :
    Barclay credit card: £13179
    Natwest credit card : £5553
    Natwest bank overdraft £6754
    La Redoute £145
    Freemans : £461
    Next : £1107

I do not know what to do anymore to clear them, I have not defaulted on any and pay my mortgage on time.
    I am thinking on going with a DMP but do I need to close my bank account down? I have also a mortgage with NatWest which is due for renewal in December 2019, Would this affect it? Will they charge me high interest rates?
    My other question is that if I decide to close my personal account and transfer everything to my husband account which is with natwest as well, Could this be a risk for my husband?
    Last question is , which DMP company to use?
    Hope I am making sense with all this.
    Many ThaNks

Thank You
    Emmanuelle
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 September 2018 at 4:32PM
    Options
    manue1970 wrote: »
    ...Last question is , which DMP company to use?

Just posting up to say, whatever you do, don't pay a DMP company for a service that you can receive for free from companies such as StepChange :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Just a quick question regarding creditors accepting token payments.

I have 7 creditors in total, 2 have accepted £1 token payments and 3 I haven't heard from (bar standard missed payment letters, 1 asked for my I&E which I have sent but not heard anything back yet).

However, 2 have written back saying that they can see from my budget I have X amount leftover and if I am offering £1 token payments this is not being distributed between my creditors. I did explain in my letter enclosed with my I&E sheet that I am building an emergency fund as I will no longer have access to credit, currently have no savings and I am paying a large amount a month toward dental treatment. Do I just write back to them to reiterate this and state I will only be making the £1 token payments until 1st February (which is the date I stated in my previous letter) to which I will then send them a revised budget?

Thanks!
    Total Debt June 2018 £23,064 /£0 Paid off
    Ultimate Savings Goal £0/£1000
    Holiday Pot £0/£500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills