Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• catswiththumbs
    Options
    Someone has just posted on another site that Zoella calendars are being given away free with a purchase of £20 of Benefit make up.

Happened at Boots Worthing apparently.

Credit to happenstance on HDUK

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-zoella-advent-calendar-with-some-boots-purchases-instore-worthing-2891604#comments
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been in my local, 90% off seems to have shifted all the Fabletics but there's still no movement with the Zoella calendars and Lucy M whatever her name is :rotfl:

The calendars seem to have been stocked up!!

Apart from that still a load of roll wrap and some small packs of cards at 10p each...
  • CloughiesBrewerArmy
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    Which items exactly are you looking at? I would imagine it's not sale items, as those would have been in like a Christmas gift set. I imagine it's just that No 7 is on special offer at the moment. Like some items are 3 for 2 and some are buy 1 get 1 1/2 price. If so, and the Birthday is soon - then I'd take whatever current offer you can get because it will reduce the price. I notice today on their site they are advertising £10 worth of points for every £60 you spend. That's a decent offer that doesn't come around too often, but you might not be looking to spend that much. But maybe there are some things you need as well?

Don't forget to use your Advantage card on all spends at Boots, as the points soon add up - especially when you take advantage of the offers they send you. See if you have any related to No 7?

It was serum and creams in a giftset. Buying some for someone's Birthday in two week but she wants a few things and I can't afford all, so was going to buy a little something from No 7.

I spoke to a lady in Boots and she said the current offers should stay on until Mothers Day. Not sure I want to spend £60 as like I say, she wants a few little bits rather than one big thing. I thought about the £45 set reduced apparently from £93.

I have an advantage card but not any vouchers. I've not actually had any vouchers for a long time from Boots and when I have had things handed to me from the till, i've tended to bin them as i've never bought No7 - and now I need one.....:o

Thanks for the advice.
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Someone has just posted on another site that Zoella calendars are being given away free with a purchase of £20 of Benefit make up.

I wondered if they'd end up doing something like that! Bet they won't make the same mistake next Christmas.
  • JuC
    JuC Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got a couple of bits - a Zoella Journal and Lucy M kit with the smart phone holder for total of £3. Who would pay £14 for a note book!!! No signs showing it was 90% but went through till fine. Left the pile of Zoella calendars there! Only other bits were lots of small Lucy M sets and flat packed red gift boxes.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Happened at Boots Worthing apparently.

Credit to happenstance on HDUK

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-zoella-advent-calendar-with-some-boots-purchases-instore-worthing-2891604#comments
    B*gger, because I have a confession to make. I've gone and bought a Zoella calendar :o:eek::p I'd rather had it free and spent £20 on Benefit though. My town Boots is over 2 floors, and the calendars are upstairs as this is where their Christmas gift range goes, whereas all the Beauty counters are downstairs, so I wouldn't have spotted it, if indeed it was on - some enterprising manager determined that they won't be left with the calendars perhaps?:think:

I haven't opened it yet as DD is about. What I was thinking is when she's safely at her drama class, I'll open and post about the contents on here and we can all have a Friday night giggle. :D

Gigervamp wrote: »
    I wondered if they'd end up doing something like that! Bet they won't make the same mistake next Christmas.
    It only occurred to me today that Zoella has her own beauty range, bath fizzers and soaps etc, so why was nothing of that sort in the calendar? I think I've only ever seen it in Superdrug though, so wonder if the products are exclusive to there?
  • Africat
    Options
    Well done on getting Soap & Glory!!!

I couldn't get to ours for opening, but there was still a lot of calendars/fabletics/lucy m left at 10am.
    Got a bunch of wrapping paper (they are enforcing the 6 of each item per person rule).

I can't understand the 6 item rule at this stage; you'd think they'd just want to get rid if it now to get the store looking fresh, it's mostly just stuff that nobody really wants anyway.
    Even with the wrapping paper I won't bother as it's been 10p a roll in Wilko and M&S had nicer gift wrap at 39p too.
  • Africat
    Options
    So; do we even think there will be a Zoella range at all this Christmas??
    I think they may knock it on the head and do away with it altogether, it's been about a couple of years or so now so probably run it's course; Boots generally only seem to have a range for about 3 years before doing away with it anyway; that is apart from the core staples such as Soap & Glory, Champneys, Ted Baker, Sanctuary, Joules etc...
  • Desperado99
    Desperado99 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Africat wrote: »
    I can't understand the 6 item rule at this stage; you'd think they'd just want to get rid if it now to get the store looking fresh, it's mostly just stuff that nobody really wants anyway.
    Even with the wrapping paper I won't bother as it's been 10p a roll in Wilko and M&S had nicer gift wrap at 39p too.

I have to admit it was still more expensive than the stuff I got from the card factory on Jan 2nd (although less transparent lol) same price but 10m rolls rather than 4m. :D I can't ever imagine buying xmas wrap at full price ;)

I agree that whilst the 6 item rule is totally understandable for the 70% sale it's daft at this point.
  • Africat
    Options
    I have to admit it was still more expensive than the stuff I got from the card factory on Jan 2nd (although less transparent lol) same price but 10m rolls rather than 4m. :D I can't ever imagine buying xmas wrap at full price ;)

I agree that whilst the 6 item rule is totally understandable for the 70% sale it's daft at this point.

Me too; don't think I've ever paid full price for roll wrap in my life; same goes with Christmas cards; massively over priced in the first place... I mean, who are all these people that are daft enough to pay £3quid a roll for paper that just gets ripped off and put in the bin :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure