Partner with IBS refused SSP

Options

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    _shel wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm starting to think they're on a wind up. They can barely string a sentence together with correct punctuation and grammar, and the spelling is bizarre at times. I don't usually bring up these things as my typing can be rubbish sometimes as well, but I don't go round telling someone what an expert I am and how experienced I am...
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    Seriously.

Law as in legislation. Any condition (including IBS) that is long term and effects daily activities deemed a disability. So the law deems it a disability.

Are really going to play childish play on words games here?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Daily doesn't mean everyday?!

Better tell my GP...
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Seriously.

Law as in legislation. Any condition (including IBS) that is long term and effects daily activities deemed a disability. So the law deems it a disability.

So, link me to it?

Here is a google search with MANY IBS charities discussing how it can be, but it depends. Maybe you should give them all a ring and offer your information on how they are wrong and that it is ALWAYS a disability in law :)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=is+ibs+a+disability&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB750GB750&oq=is+IBS+a+disability&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.2863j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Oh, you might want to write this in your 'little book of things you know about law' the only automatic qualifiers under the Equality Act are HIV, Cancer and MS. You will note IBS is not one of those 3...
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    Shel. I'm dsyelix, plus typing from tablet whilst battling autocorrect. So am sorry if you find it so amusing.
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Shel. I'm dsyelix, plus typing from tablet whilst battling autocorrect. So am sorry if you find it so amusing.

If your information was correct, no one would care how you typed it.
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    Shel

I'm dyslexic, plus typing from a tablet whilst battling autocorrect.

I'm sorry if you find that to be so amusing. As I don't see how discriminating against someone due to their disability is amusing.
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Shel

I'm dyslexic, plus typing from a tablet whilst battling autocorrect.

I'm sorry if you find that to be so amusing. As I don't see how discriminating against someone due to their disability is amusing.

No one cares that you are dyslexic.

People care that you are claiming to be an experienced expert whilst spouting garbage...
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 November 2018 at 5:08PM
    Options
    Seriously.

No it doesn't, are you making this stuff up?

Just looking at my coeliac disease there have been several coeliacs attempting to get confirmation legally that coeliac - which is a biopsy proven condition has an automatic disabled label attached to it. No one, as far as I am aware, have ever got past the lower ends of the law trying to force a case as they just get laughed at.Even my DS who lives with bag loads of tablets just to attempt to allow him a normal life but who has been hospitalised with crohns nonetheless is not considered disabled and he manages to hold down a full time job with a mega commute. So although he has a chronic long term condition as he manages with huge expensive bags of drugs from the NHS. In his case he carries a card basically saying that he has immediate need of a toilet, and the companies he has worked for have been completely unfazed with him disappearing to the toilets in the middle of doing something else, even in a meeting.

I am seriously concerned at your posts as they could cause the OP to take action which may reflect badly on his OH and make the work situation worse. I am also concerned that you don't appear to understand what chronic mean- it is nothing to do with the severity of the illness and only used to say that this is not a short term illness. Someone with poor eyesight for instance would have chronic poor sight. Just being chronic doesn't mean it is a disability it is all to do, as has been said above , by the way it affects your daily life. If you read the benefits threads you will see that some people I would consider seriously disabled don't get through assessments when applying for benefits as they don't struggle 'enough' looking after their own needs EVERY day.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Based on what I have seen that is probably the only area in which you have any expertise!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure