MSE Poll: How do you rate your bank account's service?

Options
Poll started 21 August 2018
Every six months we ask for your help to track the quality of customer service provided by banks. By comparing your answers with last time, we can see which have got better or worse.

So, please vote based on CUSTOMER SERVICE for your main CURRENT account over the last SIX MONTHS. Ignore rates or any other products, and service if it's more than six months old.
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• webwiz
    webwiz Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First Direct: I have been with them for 20 years and until recently have always had excellent service. But a few weeks ago I was caught in a scam (google "Dragons den bitcoin scam") and I tried to transfer £1000 from my Nationwide account but the transaction was declined so I used my First Direct debit card instead which went through OK. I almost immediately got a text from Nationwide warning about the scam so rang FD to try and stop the transfer but they said nothing could be done.

TSB: Their IT meltdown was a disgrace, but on the other hand they have paid out millions in compensation and many of us will make money out of it. I am getting £30 pa extra interest and did not suffer in the IT problem.
  • Richmc
    Richmc Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How about a checkbox for I'm always in credit/overdrawn?

And how many people have voted down TSB because of news features rather than actual experience? When the web site went down I used all the facilities I've always done with no problems whatsoever, the only inconvenience was not seeing what I knew on line, and that was just for a few days. At least TSB didn't pay it's boss millions in bonus after the problems, unlike RBS who paid their CEO a huge bonus despite making losses, at a bank WE bailed out!

TSB seems to still be the banking whipping boy for no good reason, and at least THEY came up with a honourable compensation for customers even if they weren't out of pocket.
  • Richmc
    Richmc Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 August 2018 at 9:40AM
    Options
    webwiz wrote: »
    First Direct: I have been with them for 20 years and until recently have always had excellent service. But a few weeks ago I was caught in a scam (google "Dragons den bitcoin scam") and I tried to transfer £1000 from my Nationwide account but the transaction was declined so I used my First Direct debit card instead which went through OK. I almost immediately got a text from Nationwide warning about the scam so rang FD to try and stop the transfer but they said nothing could be done.

TSB: Their IT meltdown was a disgrace, but on the other hand they have paid out millions in compensation and many of us will make money out of it. I am getting £30 pa extra interest and did not suffer in the IT problem.

TSB's IT problems were NOT their fault it was the software company, but they took it on the chin. I find it rather suspicious that the software was the same as they were renting via Lloyds bank, it was working before why not after?

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In my opinion these polls need an option for "I have not needed any customer service in the last 6 months".

A high proportion of customers not needing to get in touch with customer service is presumably related to useful documentation (statements, etc), website or app.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ozaz wrote: »
    In my opinion these polls need an option for "I have not needed any customer service in the last 6 months".

A high proportion of customers not needing to get in touch with customer service is presumably related to useful documentation (statements, etc), website or app.

Or that the average person has no need to get in touch with customer service because they are just going about their usual daily business and need no statements, help etc. Not because documentation etc is useful.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • juandibella
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I like MSE and I trust them a lot. But I'm not sure why I'm voting for one option and my vote doesn't appear in the screen. Then my wife voted for another option and he vote is appearing.

I had a bad service from MONZO. Poor or very poor....I voted, and then no bad votes are for Monzo. Is this a technical problem or just trying to help MONZO to look good?
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @juandibella

At the bottom of the poll it says

"We try to use technology to limit voting to one per person. Occasionally, this may erroneously block a few people's votes (eg, from shared offices). Apologies for that."

Since you said your wife voted, maybe this is why your vote is not registering. You try voting from a different network/location than the one your wife voted from.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure