Civil Service - Help Please

Options
124»

Comments

• Genuineguy03
    Options
    @nicechap

Clearly I meant "unlawful" I'm sure others didn't need it pointing out to them.

As for you question as to what the difference between illegal and unlawful is. But I will say, if it was illegal, then every employee employed by the company, regardless as to there contractual hours or duties, would have to receive the same contractual benefits. But in the real world, that isn't the case.
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    Sorry meant to add, "I not going to answer that" regarding the we question on the difference between illegal and unlawful.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10 letters

1355331549061.jpg
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    I apologises nicechap, i hadn't been up very long prior to see your post, so guess my brain was little slow to start up properly. Plus I guess yesterday is still rubbing off on me a little. So i may have just seen what I was expecting to see and not what was actually there.

But like I said I apologise.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No worries, apology accepted.

If you can work on reading what is there, and not what you want to see, along with double checking what you are writing I'll leave you in peace.

People come on this board, often at their most vulnerable, and by the nature of the situation they find themselves in, inevitably with no union or colleagues to help them. That's why I think its great having such a variety of views and experience here on MSE to help them but it needs to be accurate and appropriate. Often they don't need legal advice (for which they should pay a lawyer) but life advice.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    And I agree with you there 100% nicechap. And I do think we got off on the wrong foot, though posting pics of cute animals in a certain thread, didn't help. But admittedly it wasn't just you in that thread, and I wasnt just referring to you in my post there.

I do feel like others have been attacking me as a result if my post in that mentioned thread, and yes some misunderstandings or disagreements probably werebt helped by the fact I struggle with dsyelixa and battling auto correct that changes words I've typed or even removes some. But once I figure out how to turn it off that will make things easier. Also I felt like we were all agreeing as to when a condition was a disability yet disagreeing with myself, even though what I said at the beginning was correct

The same could be said about the other disagreement/debate. But I won't go into that as I've taken up enough space in this thread.

And OP. I truelly do care, and I'm sorry your thread got dragged into yesterdays mess.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure