Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all, hope you all had a pleasant weekend. I've had an email from shoes testing panel to re register but don't know what to answer on question 20. Do you share the results of the products you test with others?
    Yes - close family

Yes - close friends

Yes - with everyone!

No - I keep them to myself

Are we meant to? Don't want to put wrong answer and not be accepted. Anyone else had the email, presume there are quite a few of us here who are members of shoes testing panel. Suggestions gratefully received, please. Thank you:)

josie_ann, I've not checked my emails yet but I'm a member. You've got me thinking now. If they are new products it would be a no. I haven't got any of my old paperwork here with me either to have a quick read, you know from previous testers.

Have you looked on the Boots Testers forum, I can't even find it bit I'm sure people on there will be talking about it xx

hth
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sensodyne and olay shops done.

Results after school run x
  • altojack
    Options
    Savvy :hello:

How are you keeping? Not seen you for ages, mind you I keep doing a vanishing trick now and again. I hope you are well though xx

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    You caught me during the two seconds that I was here in the last week:rotfl:. I will go now - don't want to ruin one of the biggest glitches of all that, typically, is here whenever I am not. Just been doing other things for the past week (typically:rotfl:).

EDIT: Good [Strike]morning[/Strike] afternoon btw.

Hello Savvy long time no see, hope all is well with you..:)
  • altojack
    Options
    Good afternoon Elite :hello:

Had a lazy start to the day but I've got to shift myself and go down to the farm for eggs then might pop to Lidl.

Haven't been to Mr A as I don't need any supplies from there ;)

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in spirit, you're in my thoughts today xx

• i_been_robbed
    i_been_robbed Posts: 467 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    right guard

good afternoon,

AvS
    4x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Fresh 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £8.00 £6.00
    5x Right Guard Total Defence 5 Cool 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £10.00 £7.50
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Clean 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Original 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    4x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Sport 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £8.00 £6.00

thought i'd just report all 5 flavors working

thankyou
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    I must have missed your post Josie ann earlier and AJ's post has prompted me to have a look on some of the testing trial sheets that currently have for shoes.....

I am currently testing something for them and they are very specific that it is to be used only by me and product or details are not to be passed to anyone else...

based on this my guess would be its confidential which is different to how the testing panel used to work in the past.

I've been part of this panel for maybe 6 or 7 years and I certainly remember in the past that they were happy for someone else to test if you were not able/available....now I think things might be getting a little restricted to testers only.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • altojack
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    I must have missed your post Josie ann earlier and AJ's post has prompted me to have a look on some of the testing trial sheets that currently have for shoes.....

I am currently testing something for them and they are very specific that it is to be used only by me and product or details are not to be passed to anyone else...

based on this my guess would be its confidential which is different to how the testing panel used to work in the past.

I've been part of this panel for maybe 6 or 7 years and I certainly remember in the past that they were happy for someone else to test if you were not able/available....now I think things might be getting a little restricted to testers only.

I'm glad you're still around as I'm not near any of my paperwork. I know they did have a change quite some time back but they at one time didn't mind if you let someone else in the family test if you couldn't.

LEJC, have you checked your mail yet? I've looked at mind and I have a questionnaire too to be filled in if I want to stay on their New Panel. I've been with then about 9 years I think now, I'd be silly to stop now :rotfl:

• LEJC
    edited 18 May 2017 at 2:43PM
    Options
    I'm having an energy supplier nightmare....thanks to a tenant....if I hear the words "we can only speak to the account holder" again I'm going to go pop!

I have been speaking to 2 energy suppliers today....neither me or the tenant are customers with either supplier....but between the 2 suppliers and the tenant they have managed not only to switch suppliers,but physically install a new meter and now have 2 companies supplying electricity to a single property...both billing separately for exactly the same supply....

All this has been done without my knowledge and it just seems that we are going round in circles to try and rectify it....
    it's days like this when I don't like being a Landlord!

The simple thing for me to say would be...it's not my problem dear tenant...you should read your tenancy agreement that tells you you can't change supplier without permission....and you certainly cant get new meters installed ever....unless you return the old ones at the end of the tenancy as per your inventory.....2 bills thats your problem too because you didn't swap suppliers correctly....oh ...and....you must have received some letters from these suppliers before today when one supplier turned up to switch off the supply to a meter(for non payment) that was disconnected by the other supplier and replaced more than 6 months ago...did you not think to say something sooner....

but I'm not like that and have spent the last 5 hours getting nowhere fast.....

• LEJC
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    I'm glad you're still around as I'm not near any of my paperwork. I know they did have a change quite some time back but they at one time didn't mind if you let someone else in the family test if you couldn't.

LEJC, have you checked your mail yet? I've looked at mind and I have a questionnaire too to be filled in if I want to stay on their New Panel. I've been with then about 9 years I think now, I'd be silly to stop now :rotfl:

I've got no emails about a new panel...they must either love me or hate me because they don't want me to join!

I'm quite happy to be billy no mates if they dont want me to play.....

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport