Nectar points for Virgin trains

Options
A while ago I mistakenly redeemed Nectar points for Virgin trains, not noticing that I could then only get East Coast Virgin (now LNER, I know).
They expire in May but I have no likelihood of ever using them on that route.
Do you know if they are transferable to someone else to use?
Seems a shame to let them go to waste.

Comments

• martinbuckley
    Options
    If you have added the code to your LNER account (which was Virgin East Coast) already then they are locked to that account, and the only way you could put it to use would be to give someone the e-mail address and password for the account, having first sanitised it of your address and any credit card or other payment details associated with it. You can even change the e-mail address to a ficticious one, so that once the new owner logs on, as long as they know the log-in details, they then put their own details into the account and use it as if its their own.

Hope this helps.
  • Wsb5tails
    Wsb5tails Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, I dont have an East Coast/LNER account as I live on the west coast line.
    Anyone who can use £35 of Nectar vouchers already converted into Train credit codes
    is welcome to them.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it limited to LNER trains or can you book other rail companies' tickets through the LNER site with this credit?
  • Wsb5tails
    Options
    East Coast line only which is how I made the mistake thinking they could be used as a booking agent for other routes
  • Wsb5tails
    Options
    Voucher Codes GONE
  • martinbuckley
    Options
    I'd have loved a PM with the code, seeing as I answered your query (or even a thanks!).

I hope whoever got them has a good trip.
  • Wsb5tails
    Options
    Apologies, I had no clue they would have been of use to you. Thank you for your efforts to offer advice.

They went to a relative 2 weeks after the original post but if anyone here had sent me a PM to me, they would have been politely offered
  • martinbuckley
    Options
    Ok.

It appeared that you made an offer on this forum to give them away on 4 Jan 2:05pm (post 3), and then one hour later you posted (post 6) that they had gone.

I hope your relative enjoyed their trip.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    and then one hour later you posted (post 6) that they had gone.
    I think you've spent too much time on the Daily Mail rewards club thread.

Most people post responses on this forum purely to help others and not in expectation of any codes or vouchers.
  • Wsb5tails
    Options
    Ok.

It appeared that you made an offer on this forum to give them away on 4 Jan 2:05pm (post 3), and then one hour later you posted (post 6) that they had gone.

I hope your relative enjoyed their trip.

Really?
    Where in your post on 24th Dec does it say you could use them?
    Actually they were on offer to anyone subject to confirmation of transfer-ability from the 19th Dec. Hence "shame to let them go to waste"
    I'm genuinely sorry you have been so let down by me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport