Wed-to-be (2018/2019/2020) Club

Options
2»

Comments

• elleJay42
    elleJay42 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello, we're getting married on 25th May 2019.

We're planning a laid-back, casual wedding in a restaurant but with 96 day guests and 120 at night *face palm* only 20 friends, the rest are family.

We'd have loved to have a small wedding but we have massive families, 30 just with mums/dads, siblings and their kids! So we're doing everything possible to keep costs down where we can to account for such a large headcount.

Looking forward to hearing all about everyone's plans!
    Total debt at LBM = £4861.03

DFBXmas2018 #91 - £3342 / £3500 (95.4%)

HTB ISA - £0 withdrawn for house purchase! :D
    Wedding Fund £2550 / £5000
  • Charleyalmostking
    Options
    Congrats!

That sounds awesome - but a lot of people!
    That's a good idea, do you have any plans of *how* you're going to keep costs down?
    I'm trying to do things cheaply although i've now upped my side of wedding saving to £3,000
    as I'd like to purchase a proper wedding dress. I have a blue dress that I paid £40 for,
    but it's more suited to the reception & also I'd like the experience of dress shopping and don't want to regret things.

I also can't wait to see other people's plans.
    I got bits and pieces just not come together yet.

I purchased 3 sets of 4 bowls, each for £1 to use for our candy bar
    and doughnut bunting for £1 to hang above the candy bar
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    October 2018

Notice given
    Registry Office booked
    Wedding Dress bought
    Shoes bought
    Bouquet & Button hole arrived
    Caked Ordered
    Cake Topper Ordered
    Suit Bought
    Shirt Bought
    Shoes Bought
    Transport Booked and paid
    Reception Venue / Wedding Breakfast / Evening Booked & Paid for
    Make Up Booked
    Hair Booked
    Photographer Booked & Paid for
    Music sorted

!!!!!! am I missing?
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
  • Katapolt
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Sorry i dropped of the forum, had a hectic few months, and ive been writing a planning thread on You & your Wedding instead lol.

We have a date! 5th April 2020! We also have a venue,caterer, photographer, DJ and i got a dress! Although im not convinced its "the one" and might keep looking (it was a cheap but impulsive purchase!)
  • Roo89
    Roo89 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Although not 'officially' engaged we've booked our wedding for 12th October 2019

We picked the date based on availability at the venue we wanted. They gave me 4 possible dates, and I instantly discounted 2 because they were H2B's friends birthdays and then H2B chose from the remaining 2 dates.

Photographer is also booked, which I'm excited about, I've known I wanted this photographer for years, I'm super fussy as I used to be a wedding photographer.

We just bought a house, only been in 2 weeks, so that and the above have taken almost all our money. Engagement ring is next on the list and then I'll start dress shopping :D
  • choccyface2006
    Options
    Hello!

I've been engaged for 6 days and beyond excited to be marrying the man of my dreams.

The date is undecided but should be in 2020 :)

I'm loving the idea of a late afternoon/evening wedding because we'd rather not have all the usual formalities and it will reduce the cost and pressure so have something more informal.

Sarah xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport