Options
2»

Comments

• daisy_jean
    daisy_jean Posts: 311 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    marlot wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that's only partly true Lots of places (including the charity I do DBS checking for) are very reluctant to accept a DBS check done by someone else. And there is also the fact that it would be several months old by then.

https://www.personnelchecks.co.uk/blog/posts/2014/july/are-dbs-checks-portable/

That's why I'd recommend the update service to anyone who thinks they may need a DBS again in the relatively near future.

Sorry off topic but...

Surely though if you're subscribed to the online checker (the £13 a year one) this doesn't necessarily count now? I'm a Deputy Manager in a private day nursery, and have just applied to Uni which requires a DBS. Mine was over 3years old, but was accepted because I have the online checker which means they can check me out and have up to date info?

Because lets be honest, without the online yearly checker, the old DBS's were out of date as soon as they were carried out.
  • Hani.86
    Hani.86 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I won't be feeding the residents but sometimes might be serving or taking the food to their rooms, so that's why I think I need the enhanced dbs check. I'm not sure if I will need the yearly updates, I haven't specifically looked for a care home job. This is my first one of this kind, I was looking for anything food/kitchen related...

I will have to ask them for more details about this trial/probation contract, I don't want to pay £60 for a three months job... Also don't want to leave current permanent job for a three month job... Obviously permanent job have probation period but i think it's easier to get rid of an employee after fixed term trial, than in probation period...
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hani.86 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I will need the yearly updates, I haven't specifically looked for a care home job. This is my first one of this kind, I was looking for anything food/kitchen related...
    If you can possibly afford the update service, go for it. Then wherever you go that might need a check, you'll be prepared.
    Hani.86 wrote: »
    I will have to ask them for more details about this trial/probation contract, I don't want to pay £60 for a three months job... Also don't want to leave current permanent job for a three month job... Obviously permanent job have probation period but i think it's easier to get rid of an employee after fixed term trial, than in probation period...
    Not significantly until you've been there for two years. Until then it's really easy to get rid of you, and even if it's a fixed term they can decide to end the term early.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport