Honour in NI's Politicians?

Options

Comments

• markvincent
    Options
    I used to vote DUP but no more, not until they get rid of this clown Paisley.
  • markvincent
    Options
    This latest scandal with Paisley is just the tip of the iceberg, i used to vote DUP but not anymore,
    while this ejit Paisley is in the party the DUP are going to lose votes.
    How can the DUP have any credibilty and point the finger at others while Paisley is still representing the party to the public.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This latest scandal with Paisley is just the tip of the iceberg, i used to vote DUP but not anymore,
    while this ejit Paisley is in the party the DUP are going to lose votes.
    How can the DUP have any credibilty and point the finger at others while Paisley is still representing the party to the public.

Yeah, it only takes one of them actually being caught at it to destroy their "credibility"...
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I see some duppies enjoyed a jolly to Jerusalem, where they were doubtless treated to a considered and balanced exposition of the problems in the Middle East. Without declaring it of course.

I've never understood this dup enthusiasm for Israel. Surely as a fundamentalist Christian you believe the Jews have got it fairly seriously wrong? Why not feel a stronger affinity with the many Palestinian Christians?
    Politically, how can you sympathize with a system that has expelled the locals to make way for those who believe they have greater claim on their farms and houses over some flimsy justification from hundreds of years ago. All financed by hothead sympathizers in New York, who see no inconsistency with their own occupation of Native American territory. Seems to me they'd be more justified in backing the Palestinians.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • JoseChungsDoomsday
    JoseChungsDoomsday Posts: 823 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 July 2018 at 11:35AM
    Options
    I'll start with the usual nonsense - I'm from a unionist background etc etc but I can wholeheartedly admit that the current NI state is solely designed to benefit politicians and their donors/associates.

High brow, "principled" MLAs like the greens, UUP, SDLP and alliance still happily take their salary even though they've done nothing in a year. I'll not take the 'still doing office work' line as an excuse. They're riding this train as much as anyone.

DUP - dark brexit money (which they kept about £10k of as a thank you), RHI, Red sky, Paisley (don't forget he runs a consulting company with Donaldson), b*lls deep in hard brexit/post truth politics. Keeping the Tories from making any movement to get Stormont working as it'll put them in the hard spot of actually doing something about how brexit will impact us.

SF - Irish language is their excuse for also not wanting stormont back. Like the DUP, they see brexit as a vote winner. Let the Tories do their worse and reap the benefits (just like Labour in GB). In the pockets of the GAA and still using conflict language.

The problem we have is post GFA politics has become a craeer. Things weren't perfect with the last generation of politicians but when it came to the crunch they put their money where their mouths were. Impossible to see any politican in NI ever doing that now.

So no, we don't have any honest politicians. We have weak, career driven stooges.

We also don't have any talented politicians either.. but that goes for most english speaking countries.
    :santa2:
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    Surely as a fundamentalist Christian you believe the Jews have got it fairly seriously wrong?

Whilst not carried out in the name of Christianity the world had a holocaust to contend with because people peddled the same perverse tune that you do.
  • qwert_yuiop
    edited 29 July 2018 at 12:37PM
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    Whilst not carried out in the name of Christianity the world had a holocaust to contend with because people peddled the same perverse tune that you do.

No. Looked at rationally either you believe your religion or you don't. My comment has nothing to do with any belief of mine. Isn't it odd that fundamentalist Christians attempt to ally themselves with those who dismiss that religion? What's their attitude to Palestinian Christians? Some incongruity here? There's a perverse tune.
  • eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its amusing and sad to look occasionally at NI politics. Past events continue to dominate the present. A means needs to be found to address and solve that conundrum. As for policies it used to be difficult to find any from the DUP and UUP, having just read the DUP 2017 election manifesto it would seem that they have learned from the SDLP & SF andfound some.
  • qwert_yuiop
    Options
    eamon wrote: »
    Its amusing and sad to look occasionally at NI politics. Past events continue to dominate the present. A means needs to be found to address and solve that conundrum. As for policies it used to be difficult to find any from the DUP and UUP, having just read the DUP 2017 election manifesto it would seem that they have learned from the SDLP & SF andfound some.

Are the dup backing a united ireland or something?
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    If Jim Allister is to be believed, then Peter Robinson is only a step away from doing so.......

Linky to the BT article.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport