Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Great to see you so bouncy KC :j.

A bit late to the housework party :o. My love affair with my old tumble drier is indeed legendary (DS has the same one and I may have opened it once or twice last week just to see it in operation :D). However, I would swap it (if I had one, and hopefully will soon, albeit not with an internal light :eek:) for a dishwasher any day. The house we are hopefully buying doesn't have room for one in the kitchen at present but I'm planning on re-siting the water heater to make room for one as I've no intentions of doing this

smileys-household-775713.gif again!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Loving the washing up stories! And thanks for the good wishes - when I'm physically well, this site *makes* me perky :j:j:j its very lovely :)

Finished work now :j had a bit of a clean, and started getting rid of more overgrownness on the front border - a bit more difficult now, because I'm moving layers and layers of conifer ground cover thats grown *upwards* because its not been kept in check :eek: but the victory is all the sweeter for that :D Don't know how long I'll live here, especially since I have plans for world domination, but I *will* have useful plants there, I will I will I will, I tell you

*stamps foot emphatically*

Gally, or Holly - I've lost all records of extra smilies, where are the type that you can upload easily? I used to be able to do it ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Managed to haul myself to the supermarket this morning, very early on so that there weren't too many people around. A whole £6.40 spent :) mostly frozen veg, some tinned tatties :)

I've realised how I can fit in the financial admin that I need to do - my weekends are still spent almost entirely at home, as I don't have the energy to go out much. And I've been working on decluttering for ages, and its more or less stopped for now: there's loads more, but its all about the work I still do, so it has to wait till after retirement.

So that means ... ta da! ... after this weekend, I'll have lots of computer time free, when I can do slots and account changes and whatnot. I'll need some time midweek too, but one thing at a time, I'll get there.

Also need to make sure I'm ready to run at the drop of a hat: my mum's had two attacks of atrial fibrillation this week, the 2nd of which she did the classic thing and went into a shop and asked them to help her. Which they did, but two in a week is bad news.

Finish on a high: just done a yougov survey, 49905 points acquired! Not long now :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your Mum's attacks. Must be a very worrying time for both of you. Big hugs coming your way and hers:grouphug:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on You Gov.
    Certainly not so good news about your mum.
    Take care of you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Lots of hugs for you & mom!
    Sorry to hear she has not been well this week.
    :kisses3::grouphug:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks RT - she rested properly on Saturday, and she sounds much better today; my sister will be there next week, so all should be well.

I've been multitasking :D

- wedmin - we can't compete with what multimillionaires will be doing, but we do have to up our game as much as our own budgets will allow, gulp ...

- baking! creaming butter bit by bit, slowly slowly does it. And researching all about rancid butter _pale_ and what it is and *why* its bad for you.

- d/w on.

- finished off scanning. My genealogy files are really in a mess on the computer, but thats got to wait till I retire, no way I'm getting stuck into that now properly!

- finishing off cooking crumbled eggshells, to put out into the garden, while warming up the halogen oven to cook the shortbread thingy I'm trying out :D

- cutting up magazines with words like "cat" and "whiskers" to make part of a multi-layered wordle - thats fun :j

- off out for a bit of a walk this afternoon. I don't want to risk my back by doing too much gardening and anyway, I have to inspect my sweet chestnut trees :D
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Highlight of my walk was discovering a new-to-me nature reserve on the far side of the village common - I went down a cul de sac with an interesting name, thought there was a lot of traffic for a cul de sac, and hey presto, *another* former orchard, with loads and loads of apple trees. I had no bag! So I just popped three, lovely bright red ones ... its quite a walk for me, in my present state of health, so when I return it'll have to be on days when I'm not doing anything else, but I'm really chuffed to have discovered it. Not even marked on google maps, so I'm double chuffed!

Had to rest for the rest of Sunday, but it was really worth it :)

Today, one paid contact hour, plus the prior cleaning that goes with that :) and I really, really need to listen to the recording of an online seminar from my professional organisation, which I actually *paid* for :eek: as CPD :rotfl:

Otherwise, fiddly bits, there are *three* birthdays on Thursday, that sort of thing :j
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning KC!

Nice to hear of your cheery invetigative walk! How lovely to find a new place to forage that isn't marked on a map.:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How lovely for you to discover such a delightful walk relatively close to home, Karmacat. Freshly-picked apples are a real treat:j

We've got several mature apple trees in our garden, both eaters and cookers, but on one of OH's regular walks down the local country footpaths he passes an apple tree that appears to belong to nobody and is laden with apples that are never harvested. He always picks a few and brings them home, despite us having so many of our own:o, and they are the best-tasting and juiciest ever, far nicer than our own produce:T.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure