PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fiscal Fast

Options

Comments

• TM6
    TM6 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Well living in Kent, and at the moment being visited by the Beast from the East in snow :) I am glad that I have lots in stock.

No way am I going to cross my doorstep today. Thick blanket of snow outside, and my car looks like an igloo. I shall delve into my freezer and find something tasty for dinner Lunch will be HM soup and cheese and crackers.

Not spent any money at all and have no need for any food shopping this week at all

Onwards and upwards chums

JackieO xx

We haven't had ANY snow down here in Cornwall but it is bitterly cold. We are on yellow alert for snow tomorrow

Since you mentioned crackers, I have been using up mine as an alternative to bread at work and whereas before I only had them with cheese, I have tried them with many different foods and have really enjoyed them so thank you :beer:
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast 46

Another NSD, that's 3 in a row :dance:
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 47

:j 4 in a row when it comes to No Spending Days :j
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 48

I REALLY wanted to continue our run of NSDs but we needed fresh fruit, bakery items and Quorn.

So a LSD just on food.

Our entertainment budget is near enough zero as is our clothing budget.

Our Direct Debits are essential and can not be pruned back anymore.

So we will just have to keep on working on our food budget along with increasing our income

How is everyone else doing?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am on day five of being snow bound so no shopping even if I wanted to (which I don't) but I have been baking and made a victoria sponge cake plus some melting moments biscuits and today will make a sweet mince meat tart to use as a pudding with some custard this week,any left over scraps of pastry will probably be made into Jam tarts for my DGS who trudge round in the snow from their house to see if I need any shoping at all, (I don't) but they like to think they are being useful and it gets them out in the fresh air (lucky devils )

I can't go out at the moment as I use a stick to walk with, so it would be silly to fall over and break something at my age ,plus it would just use up scarce resourses in our local hospital

JackieO x
  • TM6
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I am on day five of being snow bound so no shopping even if I wanted to (which I don't) but I have been baking and made a victoria sponge cake plus some melting moments biscuits and today will make a sweet mince meat tart to use as a pudding with some custard this week,any left over scraps of pastry will probably be made into Jam tarts for my DGS who trudge round in the snow from their house to see if I need any shoping at all, (I don't) but they like to think they are being useful and it gets them out in the fresh air (lucky devils )

I can't go out at the moment as I use a stick to walk with, so it would be silly to fall over and break something at my age ,plus it would just use up scarce resourses in our local hospital

JackieO x

Your melting moments biscuits sound lush - please may we have your recipe?
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 49

Another LSD - I went into Sainsburys to see if they had any RTCs but alas nothing but I did up with a few bits that were at the right price and I had extra Nectar points coupons for:D
  • TM6
    edited 3 March 2018 at 1:30PM
    Options
    Fiscal Day 50

I had a real tug of war going on inside my head trying to decide whether to use a particular coupon at Sainsbury's or not?

It was spend £60 and get 12p off a litre of fuel. The thing is we NEED fuel and due to fuel cans etc we can fill up 100 litres so it would be a £12 saving. But did I REALLY need to spend £60?

Well, we looked at our inventories and decided yes, we could justify the spend but under our new regime we went with an exact shopping list (rare in the pre fast days!) We bought our most expensive items that we were running short of like dried dog food, a gammon joint as well as Quorn for my DD3.

Before we left home, I checked on mysupermarket.co.uk to see what special offers were on at Sainsbury's and picked up Kelly's Cornish ice cream, 7-up light, Philly cheese, all on offer.

Although a high spending day today, I'm hoping that financially it was a wise move.

We also paid out for some Dollars (for a birthday present) as well as a Mother's Day card.

That's it, the purse is well and truly shut! :rotfl:
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Day 51

We had a lovely service at Perranuthnoe church this morning to celebrate The Feast Of St Piran.

St Piran is the Patron Saint of Cornwall and St Piran's Day is the national day in Cornwall and is held on 5th March every year.

Today's spend was just an amount to the collection plate, a church magazine and 2 cauliflowers.

Here in Cornwall, farmers often leave produce at the side of their property / field and many just ask for a donation to their favourite charity. We had the cauliflower for Sunday lunch and it was SO lush, as fresh as you can get and zero carbon footprint.

So today was an LSD - £6.40 in total :T
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 52

AN awesome day - no spending on food, just.......

75p on a Dora The Explorer Easter video to go into the Easter bag for my 2 adorable Granddaughters who are on holiday with us this week in Cornwall :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure