A little more advice please

Options
Sitowski
Sitowski Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 10 October 2018 at 12:35PM in Bankruptcy & living with it
Hi all,

I posted here in August because I was worried I'd applied for Bankruptcy and hadn't heard anything back for a couple of weeks. Well I had my interview which was very very brief because there was work going on outside her office window and we could barely hear each other.
She went through a few things, clarified my sons DLA diagnosis etc etc and then said not to engage with any creditors if they get in touch and she'd send paperwork for me to sign.

It's now over 6 weeks later and no paperwork has arrived and my creditors are sending nasty letters and calling me all the time. I've had one acknowledgement from Capital One that they know I am bankrupt but nothing from the others apart from demands and threats, one of the banks I owe to is adding fees everytime they write or call!. I was prepared for contact from them but I am slightly worried that I have had nothing to sign so it might not be official yet? I have check on the Insolvency register and I am listed.
Can anyone ease my anxiety that it's normal for paperwork to take this long and that I should continue to ignore the creditors? I'm worried about bailiffs and debt collectors knocking at the door.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family