CCJ Advice

Options
Hi - I recently checked my credit report and discovered I have been issued a CCJ for an old credit card.

I live over seas and therefore never received the CCJ letter - as a result I have missed the 30 day window.

Can anyone explain what happens next? I have contacted CCBC and the acting solicitor but have not yet had a response.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 May 2019 at 11:29AM
    Options
    2324 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what happens next? I have contacted CCBC and the acting solicitor but have not yet had a response.

Hi,

Not a lot will happen to honest.

Your old address will be bombarded with letters of intended further action if you don`t pay up etc etc, once they eventually cotton on that your living abroad, they will most likley ask you to pay up, if you don`t, then they will take a commercial decision on weather its cost effective to chase you to the country your living in or not.

Plus if you don`t tell them where your living than they wont know where you are will they, it will only be a bother to you if you intend to return to the UK in the next 6 years or not.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure