Mag Daily and Clicks to wins FAQs

Options

Comments

• mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    firefox... maybe I should try a different browser. I did the mag daily list for a while so had all sorted back then but I have a memory like a sieve so cannot remember my routine now lol

In firefox you can stop the videos automatically starting, this causes the page to skip the video. in the link below there are instructions on how to do this.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75022615&postcount=17
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I have made a start by doing some Simply Media FAQs here. If anyone has any other suggested questions /answers for Simply Media,please let me know and I will update.
  • chloeadkins
    chloeadkins Posts: 10,346 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Hi all -

I just wondered if sharing on facebook on a mag daily improves your chances of winning - do you share every mag daily comp you enter?
    Thanks (Sorry if this has been asked before!)
    11 wins in August 2019 :j Thanks everyone x

Anorexia Fighter & Proud NHS Worker!:)
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    Hi all -

I just wondered if sharing on facebook on a mag daily improves your chances of winning - do you share every mag daily comp you enter?

There has been a thread here around that subject. It is not really clear about how it works.

Hope this helps.
  • coffeechoo
    Options
    Hi all -

I have won a few times on the mag dailies (2 this month) and I never share.
    Hope that helps. :)
  • coffeechoo
    Options
    Just to add to my above post .....although I have won a few times from the mag dailies I never seem to get one of the ''higher value'' wins.
    Maybe this is because I don't share, who knows, but I'm happy with my wins and to be honest I feel there are enough competitions out there on Social Media asking for shares and tags without the mag dailies wanting us to spam even more.
    Just my own opinions of course.
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    coffeechoo wrote: »
    Just to add to my above post .....although I have won a few times from the mag dailies I never seem to get one of the ''higher value'' wins.
    Maybe this is because I don't share, who knows, but I'm happy with my wins and to be honest I feel there are enough competitions out there on Social Media asking for shares and tags without the mag dailies wanting us to spam even more.
    Just my own opinions of course.

There could be two reasons why you have more luck with the lower value prizes. Firstly, some people don't bother entering for low value prizes. Secondly, there are often multiple prizes to give away, For example "15 lucky readers will receive..."
  • coffeechoo
    Options
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    There could be two reasons why you have more luck with the lower value prizes. Firstly, some people don't bother entering for low value prizes. Secondly, there are often multiple prizes to give away, For example "15 lucky readers will receive..."

I agree with you.
    I don't enter every day and I only enter for the things I actually want.
    The mag dailies are so time consuming without adding sharing onto the time.
  • andy_hunk
    Options
    Thanks for the info all! :D
    Last Win: Tuff Mudder Tickets and 2 cases of wine :j
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    I'm still trying to put some FAQs together and can't remember what the rules are regarding winning more than one prize worth over £500 in any six month period. Am I correct in thinking that this would be for the CTW's as they are owned by Bauer, but doesn't make any difference to the mag daily competitions as these are Time Inc?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure