Free 2 months family & friends railcard

apga
apga Posts: 708 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 12 May 2016 at 11:01AM in Going going gone...
MoneySavingExpert Insert:

Hi everyone, you can see full info on our Free Railcard deals page. The offer ends 3pm today (Thursday 12th May).

Back to apga's post...

Found on Hotukdeals - chrisw030290

The Sun newspaper is doing a promotion from 4/5/16 - 7/5/16 for a free two month family and friends railcard valid 1st June to 31st July followed by £10 discount off an annual Family & Friends Railcard

you'll need to input one eight digit code found on the back of the newspapers into www.railcard.co.uk/trialcard2016

There are 125,000 available

Cards will be sent by 26th May.

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good offer. I think the £10 referred to is a discount on the cost of the annual card, by the way - not the cost of the card.

Terms and conditions

1. Your Family & Friends Railcard will be distributed as soon as possible. It is not subject to the usual Family & Friends 1-year and 3-year Railcard delivery conditions.
    2. A maximum number of 125,000 trial cards will be available on a first come, first serve basis until 23.59 hrs 15 May 2016.
    3. Your Family & Friends Railcard is valid for use between 01 June and 31 July 2016.
    4. The trial Railcard must be carried on all journeys purchased with discounted tickets.
    5. Offer available to residents of Great Britain aged 16 years or over - excludes employees of News UK or ATOC Ltd.
    6. Only one free two month Family & Friends Railcard can be issued per person. No replacements will be issued if lost or stolen.
    7. The trial Railcard is not transferable and remains the property of ATOC Ltd.
    8. The Family & Friends trial Railcard gives 1/3 off adult rail fares and 60% off kids' fares. Minimum group size is at least one adult (the named cardholder) and at least one child aged 5 to 15 years. Maximum group size is four adults aged 16 years or over and four children (aged 5 to 15).
    9. The Railcard discounts are not available on First Class fares. A morning peak restriction applies for journeys in London and the South East, Mondays to Fridays.
    10. The £10 discount is only available for online purchase of a 1-year Family & Friends Railcard and cannot be redeemed at stations.
    11. The £10 saving is valid between 11 July and 11 August 2016 with the unique promotional code sent to registrants with their trial Railcard.
    12. A full set of Family & Friends Railcard Terms & Conditions is available from any staffed station ticket office or at www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk.
    13. The Railcard and train travel are subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage. Names of the Train Companies and copies of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage are available at www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcc
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Why can't they do these offers with the "Two Together" railcard? I don't have a child under 16 any more and even when she was 14/15 she wasn't interested in travelling around the country with mum and/or dad. So we've bought a "Two Together" railcard and travel on our own.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • venus69
    venus69 Posts: 4,677 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi is this voucher code still avalible, in the sun if i get the paper today thanks
  • leon41
    leon41 Posts: 1 Newbie
    i would like to have this railcard to try please.
  • hi i would like to have this railcard
  • Woody's_Girl
    Woody's_Girl Posts: 53 Forumite
    Does anyone know if they check you have a child with you? If I book 4 adults and a child it's still cheaper than just booking 4 adults?
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Does anyone know if they check you have a child with you? If I book 4 adults and a child it's still cheaper than just booking 4 adults?

Almost certainly, yes, depending on the train company and the train. No child = large surcharge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure