PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help - steak has come out of the freezer black

Options
I bought some (rather expensive) fillet steak from the farm shop for DH's tea on Tuesday. He came home and told me he'd had a burger at lunchtime :eek: so I put it in the freezer to have today. When I put it into the freezer at the end of the day I noticed it was a little discoloured but it looked fine to eat.

I have just taken it out and it's gone a really, really dark reddish-brown, almost black! Still frozen solid , I've had a sniff and it doesn't smell nasty. Do you think I'm going to have to chuck it?
That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau

Comments

• scubaleopard
    scubaleopard Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    Wait for it to defrost thoroughly and then see -- smell it etc. If the farm shop is nearby I would be temoted to take it here and explain the situation and see what they say.

Well hung meat does have a much darker colour than the stuff on the supermarket shelves
  • spiddy100
    spiddy100 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks scubaleopard (fab name BTW, what does it mean? :) )

Good idea re the farm shop though not sure if I'll make it there with the kids in tow. I'm hoping for the best as I have all the trimmings lined up!
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport